Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whats ur daily routine with ur buns?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rebenda, Aug 10, 2009.

1. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

Okay im being nosey :D

so whats ur daily routine with ur buns?

with me it depends on my shift so if im on a standard day shift 8-4 il get up check on the buns make sure alls ok and pop some food in with them clean the poop out, my mum will get up about 9 and pop them into the run give them lots of hay, they play out for few hours unless it gets too hot then theyl go back in for a few hours. ill come home go out say hello and play with them for a bit, check their both clean. either pop them back in run if their in their house or leave them in run, then in evening theyl have some fresh veg and small bowl of pellets and back in for the night.

thats roughly it if ive not forgotten anything apart from lots of handling

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

my buns get let out of their house when i wake up, unless the wether is absolulty awful. If im about in the day they get the fun of the garden if not they are restrited to their attatched run. they get a few bits of veg through out the day and occasionally other bits they are out all day until i go to bed, sometimes 9 sometimes 2 in the morning, then they get shut in with a bowl of overflowing food and topped up hay!!!

they get cuddles through out the day, on a morning and bedtime by both myself and OH.

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

get up let miffy out about 8ish, tell her off for eating my feet/give her attention all morning, give her some pellets in a treat ball 12ish, the she normally sleeps under my chair, stroke, groom, feed treats about dinnertime ish clean, water, and feed hay handful of pellets and veg 11ish

Obviously when i get a job, she'll be outside/in 1 room and will have a bunny friend for company

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

First thing I say good morning to them, give them some strokes and check Lotties bottom. Fill up their food bowl and hay and give them some veg (only Sugar gets veg now though and I sit and watch him to keep Lottie from stealing it! :p)

When I get home from work I go and say hello (check Lotties bottom again!)and usually lay on the lounger and watch them hop about. I then sweep up any rougue poos/clean their trays out if necessary. If the weather is nice they go in the garden or if its miserable they sometimes come in the living room.

If they've been outside there's usually a chase to catch Lottie and bring her in, Sugar always comes quietly though. I give them a kiss and cuddle goodnight and then the OH does the same when he goes to bed.

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

as soon as im awake i open the shed and un barracade dex (he has been moved away from the girls) i then refill all there water bottles for fresh and give hay, i put them in a run. at about 5 i feed them and lock them up about 8ish depending on if im at work then hubby locks them up for me.

6. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Get up at 7.30 - go down and see Normi and let him out of his cage for a run...but he normally just sticks by my feet. Clean his litter tray and give him fresh water, lots of hay and some pellets and then lock him back up while I go to work. Get home 5.30 - back out he comes and runs around the house until we go to bed about 11 and I put him back in his cage with a nice big bowl full of veg and more hay.

At the weekend he stays out of his cage all day if we are in! x

7. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

8am I go up to open the shed door and say good morning to everyone. They have food and hay given to them and get put out in their runs unless its really miserable(soon wont matter). I then go to work :p I check them at about 6pm when I am home and give them some fuss, maybe let them out in the garden for a bit, or Hope into the house. Leave them in their runs until about 8pm or when its getting dark and then they go to bed with hay, veggies and a dog biccy each!

*Heidi*

8. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Dog biccie? What kind? Are they healthy... Im always looking for healthy treats for norman! x

9. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

yeh they have like a winalot shape type thing - but cheaper version. pets at home do big bags off them, different colours. they certinally dont do mine any harm :p if you look at the ingredients they are about 90% maize anyway! and mine love them. White is favourite, followed by red then black!

I wouldnt buy the dearer ones as they are more likely to have more meat in them!
    Have you tried bran mash aswell? mix some bran flakes with boiling hot water, let it cool until its nicely warm, and I add a little bit of apple sauce, my lot love it!

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice