Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What's up Pet Forumers

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rosie64, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

We didn't get full quota of pictures in the photo competition and now people are not voting on the ones we did get . No one is signing up for this years Secret Santa after lots of people saying how much they would miss it and asking for someone to run it . I know we all have a life outside of PF but a lot were saying a little while ago how PF was getting boring now things are being done no one seems interested . Come on peeps back those that are trying to get things going .

StormyThai, FAW56, BlueJay and 5 others like this.
  2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Sorry @Rosie64. I didn't think I had a photo suitable for this week's photo competition. You are completely right though, if we want these sorts of threads to continue we have to be more supportive. Thanks for the nudge (slopes off to check photos and vote)

Animallover26 and Happy Paws like this.
  3. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

It was a tricky catagory and I thought initially I didn’t have a suitable photo, but after looking at some of the others I found one that I thought would be ok. I think that is proabaly why. As for voting, well there has been quite a number of voters, not everyone posts to say they have voted, meincluded.

I haven’t ever participated in SS so wasn’t one of the ones clamouring for it.

Animallover26 likes this.
  4. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Sorry I couldn't find a picture this time but I did vote, I don't really have time for much else at the moment as Dillon is taking up all my time.

5. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

I voted but did not have a suitable picture either

6. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I didn’t have any suitable photos this time but have voted :) and yes I was one of the people nudging for Secret Santa to go ahead but have explained why I’m not now taking part this year. I’m really going to miss it but just can’t promise to commit to anything and don’t want to let anyone down.

Not sure what’s going on with the forum though at the moment. Seems very quiet ....

7. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I'm in SS this year and voted on the photo comp - though didn't have a good photo for this week's theme.
    It does seem a little quiet....

8. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Thanks for this @Rosie64.

Hopefully the new competition which is starting tomorrow will get more entries, as it's a nice easy theme and I would imagine most people will have a suitable photo.

As for the Secret Santa, I know I was the one asking about it a while ago, but I have explained why I am not joining in this year, though I hope to join in again, maybe next year if I'm settled by then.

#8 Animallover26, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  9. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

I know the schools went back in this week here with us, some people might be readjusting schedules etc?

Torin. likes this.
  10. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have never even looked at the photo competition, did not know it was a regular thing and secret santa is not something that interests me. So I am no use!

Lurcherlad and O2.0 like this.
  11. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't say the 'q' word !!

12. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums Senior

Same! Sorry! :oops:

Photo competitions aren't really my thing. I enjoy looking at photos of dogs, but I don't think to go in the competition threads at all.

I prefer to spend my time on here helping if I can which is usually in the dog training and behavior forum.

Blitz and Lurcherlad like this.
  13. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

I posted a pic although not a good one and voted and am ineligible for secret santa but still participated in my own way plus am trying to nudge so others see it often.

14. Nettles

Nettles PetForums VIP

I take part and vote in the photo comp each week, but I’m giving SS a miss this year.

I had a lot of personal stuff happen just before Christmas last year, and I found the whole SS thing (and Christmas in general) to be very stressful. I’m really dreading it this year tbh, so will be sitting this one out. I do hope it goes well though as I’d really like to take part again in future years.. If I’m allowed :p

15. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

Living in Hungary I can't take part in SS - much as I'd like to. I posted a pic in the photo competition but had to miss out on the previous two because I couldn't find any photos even remotely suitable! And yes the forum is a bit quiet

16. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack rarely lets me take a good picture - most I manage when he’s snoozing which is pretty dull for most people, I’m sure! ;)

Christmas kind of passes me by now if I’m honest.

As for the forum in general, I must admit I’m less engaged tbh

Increasingly, I find myself typing a response when people ask for advice only to delete it or if I do post, end up thinking “why bother?”

17. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I didn’t have a photo that immediately sprung to mind for the theme and no time to go hunting for one. I’m not in the UK so can’t do SS.

It’s a catch 22 - yes the forum seems a bit dull at the moment, but WE are the forum....

SusieRainbow likes this.
  18. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I've never done SS and have no interest in it.
    The new photo competition format I find confusing and annoying, having the pictures, voting and chat on different threads. And the entries close so quickly, then there's not much time to vote (assuming you can find the thread with the pictures on in the first place). Life's too short.

Torin. likes this.
  19. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I am sorry you feel like that. I do the entries and the voting on different threads because as far as I can tell I can't do it all on the same thread, if there is a way to do the entries and then edit to put the poll up on the same thread I would do that as it would be easier.
    If that is possible can someone please explain how in an idiot guide fashion please.
    As for keeping the chatting on a different thread I thought it would keep the entries thread easier to look through and keep an eye on, hardely anyone uses the chat thread and chatting does go on on the entry threads, so I have been considering 'getting rid' of the chat thread and just allowing the chatting to happen on the entries thread as that seems to be what is happening anyway.

#19 Animallover26, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  20. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I missed the voting too :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice