Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What's this and should I worry near dogs eye

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Naf 1, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Naf 1

Naf 1 PetForums Newbie

Hi all new here my dogs a 11 year old springer spaniel and she's got this little thing next to her eye noticed it a few weeks ago while cleaning her eye and I made the end bleed a tiny bit but its healed up since then it looks like a little bit of skin but can have a proper look at it because the dog hates being prided and poked she has fatty lumps but the bets said not to worry because of her age but what do you think this is by her eye thanks

Attached Files:

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Looks a little warty/ skin tag , to me ...but others may have a better idea :)

3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Looks like a skin tag that's been caught by the brush or something.

I would get it looked at the next time you are in the vets. Sooner if it starts to grow or look worse

My old Goldie has just got one on his nose.

4. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Either a skin tag or a canine papilloma (warty growth) - I'd just keep an eye on it in case it becomes a problem for her.

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

6. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

I'd leave alone. My older springer is getting more and more fatty lumps, horrible, but they're not bothering him and I can't put him under for vanity reasons! :p

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

As it looks like its on a "stalk" it could be a skin tag or something called a papilloma. Papillomas are usually viral and often disappear on their own eventually. They can bleed if the get knocked or if the dog scratches them.

Just keep a watch on it and try to avoid her scratching or knocking it when you groom her or clean her eyes.

8. Naf 1

Naf 1 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the replys yea it seems like a skin tag it's not bothering her so il just keep a eye on it thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice