Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What's the weirdest breed your dog's been called?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Sep 17, 2013.

1. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Just been on a lovely sea wall walk with Bess. Lots of people out today (well, we met 4 lots in an hour). :)

Coming back met an old couple. Unfortunately their walking sticks put Bess off getting too close, even though they wanted to say 'hello'.

But as the man bent down to stroke her he said 'I love these dogs. She's an Airedale, isn't she?'

I gently corrected him. Not too sure she looks Airedale-ish at all? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

We were on holiday in Devon when an older lady - also with a stick lol asked to stroke Millie 'as she is such a beatiful beagle':shocked:

3. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

yep yep.she is def an Airedale...........lolololol.

4. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Some lady asked couple of weeks ago if Apple was a Weimaraner :eek: i was like errrm no lol had to laugh as i walked away we have been asked many times if she is certain breeds but never that

5. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

It was the same people who saw bessie???lol....wow.

somoen asked me if the Bullmastiff was a Rottie. She is a cream colour.

6. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Aw bless. Iv had all sorts about Nicky. Great Dane, GSD cross, Collie cross. Doberman :confused:.

Not sure he look like any of those breeds:eek: :confused5:
    [​IMG]

7. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Dans also been called an airedale, and an otterhound, a jack russel, poodle, spaniel, doodles of varying types.....we get a lot of weird ones.

Tummels not really had any weird breeds, we mostly get labrador or when he was a puppy a wonky ridgeback :p

8. Donut76

Donut76 PetForums VIP

part jack Russell was my latest comment

9. Hachiko

Hachiko PetForums Member

Funnily enough, i have had several people mistake Hachi, Samoyed - with a Siberian Husky.

Both dogs are from Siberia though, so i guess it's a common mistake. :thumbup1:

10. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Alsatian!!! GGGRRRRRRRRR :mad: ha ha I know its not weird, but it does wind me up a little :D:D

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I had a fairly infuriating argument with a woman who insisted that Kilo was a labrador with a faulty coat.

I have had a man saying that he had never seen such a poorly bred Vizsla (they are often called vizslas)

A woman stopped me with Rudi a little while ago to say that it had been a long time since she had seen such a well bred weimaraner.

The final one was a man insisting RRs were pitbulls with spina bifida.

Nowt so queer as folk :D.

12. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I think you win the prize for the weirdest mistakes! :D

13. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

I was asked if Dougie is an Italian Spinone, I laughed and said no he is a golden retriever cross to which the chap replied "is he a Labradoodle then" :D

14. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I think its apples eyes that confused the lady, but we think she is a liver GSD x Husky so it does explain why her eyes are a little bit similar to some Weimaraners eyes

15. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Mine get mistaken for poodles all the time I just say no poodles have longer legs and longer noses these are Bichons most times I then get the reply oh I have never seen a Bichon before :rolleyes:

16. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Danny has been mistaken for a German Shepherd :001_huh: and a Dandie Dinmont.
    My old Chihuahua was mistaken for a tiny Sheltie, and was once called a 'fatcat'...but I've never heard of them :p.

My Mum and dad had a Chihuahua when they first got married, and someone said "OH MY GAWD! She's got a BABY DEER!".
    :thumbup1:

17. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

I once got asked whether Spencer was a mastiff :shocked:

And I've lost count of the number of times I've been asked whether he's a golden retriever.

Shadow (short haired, black and white, traditionally marked border collie) was a sheltie according to one man. And he wasn't having it that he wasn't a sheltie.

My absolute favourite though was the guy who was adamant that Rupert was a british bulldog :lol:

[​IMG]

Rupe was also a greyhound, wolfhound and a lurcher but they're not as crazy as the bulldog.

18. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Agree Bulldog is pretty weird! :D

19. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

I have to admit I have never seen nor heard of a liver GSD but Apple is stunning :crazy: I did a quick google images (as you do) and they come in blue too! you learn something new everyday :D

20. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

I heard a woman tell her children with total certainty that my Shorthaired Pointer was a Great Dane crossed with a Chocolate Labrador. I was laughing too much to correct her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice