Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What's the point of researching IF.........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by miljar, Jan 28, 2012.

1. miljar

miljar Banned

....you are denied access to the facts?

Hello to all. I have chosen this part of the dog forum as it seems to be the most popular.
    To explain the title, I was researching for a boarding kennel on FB and came across an argument over one that caught my attention. There were completely differing arguments for and against, as you would expect, but one side did make the point that it could back up some of it's claims with actual facts. To that end there were directions to come to this forum and search out a particular thread, which I did. It took a while to find but I finally got there and found that the claim was true.
    While it did not actually prove anything for the kennel in question it did show the other side were using a dirty tricks campaign to further their argument. Basically they were using a picture from off of this site in a way designed to mislead anyone who saw it. This would cause me to regard any of their claims with a degree of scepticsm - they have lied to me once, why not again?
    The point of this post is that once I had found what I was looking for I tagged it for anyone else following to know that I had been there. Pure vanity. I then got into a swap of posts which explained the above, putting up where I had come from and why.
    This morning I cannot get onto the thread - it has been moved to somewhere else that I am not allowed to. This is annoying to me - I spent a while finding it in the first place - but I have at least seen what I came for. What about anyone else going through the same process? They are doing the same research that I did - research that you are supposed to do - but will find that the evidence they are looking for has been buried. I know it is there, I have seen it - but it has been put out of reach.
    People will make of it what they want, it is just information, but by hiding it away it denies them the opportunity to see it and judge it for themselves.
    Why would the forum do this when a common theme about anything seems to be research, research, research. That is all I was doing.

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF, sorry your experience hasn't been a happy one so far.

You might get more information if you PMed your question to one of the Mods, or posted it in the Forum Help section :)

3. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

I got lost half way through your post!!

Maybe admin will be able to tell you why a thread has been removed.

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

If they were named then I think that may be why.
    The mods on this forum have no way of checking the validity of a story.

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Pet Forums Community - FAQ: Pet Forums Rules

Libel and Slander

Libel and slander are legal claims that protect an individual’s reputation against defamation. An individual is defamed when a person publishes to a third party (i.e. the Pet Forums), words or matter containing an untrue imputation against his or her reputation.

To prevent this at Pet Forums, we will act promptly to remove threads or posts which may contain statements such as these about other members or non-members from the Forum as soon as they are reported to our moderators or staff.

We will also ask the poster to not repeat the libel, and if they do not comply we will take further action, which will be a permanent ban from using our Pet Forums.

6. miljar

miljar Banned

OK, I see where you are coming from now, and I would not want to get banned.
    The original point is moot now anyway, I have decided to give up on the computer and go and have a look in person tomorrow. It will only take an hour or two and I have already spent much more than that on this machine.

7. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

:skep: :huh: tried my hardest to follow but got lost about halfway through :eek:

8. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

I think that is best..then you can make your own mind up

9. binaryferret

binaryferret PetForums Junior

If something you've read is being hosted by a 3rd party that you don't fund/have no control over - then either save said page to local storage, or copy and paste - otherwise you're going to be sad when someone deletes, moves, edits original content.

10. miljar

miljar Banned

That would be the general idea. I will be leaving soon so just getting my eyes on stalks routine going. I will post later on what I actually find out.

11. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

My view is if you are looking for a good boarding kennel then you have to do some leg work this is the only way you will know what you are looking for. Does it smell are the owners nice with plenty of knowledge and will the dog be walk etc. Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice