Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whats the most embarassing thing you've done with your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Buggles, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

We had a shih tzu called Sam who passed away on June 3rd 2008.

In 2006 we popped into an old fashioned sweet shop and tied Sam up outside the shop next door (only place with a post to tie him up). We very rarely left him outside shops but with it being a sweet shop, thought we'd better do, we could see him from the window so knew he'd be fine.

Anyway, we came out of the shop and walked back to the car. We got home, about 2 miles away. I would always get Sam out of the car by a farm track just before the house, and then walk him back along the track to the house. So, as we got to the track both my mum and I suddenly looked at each other and screamed "SAM!". Yes, we had left him outside the shop :eek:

Luckily my brother lived literally round the corner from where we left Sam so we rang him to go get him and we'd be there ASAP.

The worst thing is... the shop we left him outside of was an RSPCA charity shop :blushing:

Ever done anything embarrassing with your dogs??

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

The first year we took William to crufts we were asked to take part in a handling demonstration in the discover dogs ring. We had litterally come straight out of the ring and ran from hall 5 all through the halls to the discover dogs ring which I think was in hall 3. We were half way through the demonstration when my friend who was there with her russian black terrier said to me to watch William he was about to cock his leg up me.

That was the start of a ritual every time he went to crufts after that he cocked his leg up me only the other times he did it in the breed ring. The problem with him is he doesn't like the smell of the disinfectant they use on the sawdust in the exercise areas. I have to take him up to discover dogs and pinch a pass of my friend as with their passes the dogs can go outside and come back in. The excerise area for the discover dogs is outside and William is happy to wee outside just not in the sawdust areas.

3. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

We were out walking the collies in the park once when they were young and didn't realise there was a cricket match going on, they did no more than run and fetch the ball and brought it back to us!:eek:hmy: Needless to say I was very embarrassed, but thankfully they found it amusing:D

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Me and a friend took Oscar to Brighton about 6 years ago. We were sitting outside a bar, having a drink and Oz passed a huge pile of watery diarrheoa all over the nice brick floor.

We had to get a few buckets of water from the bar to clean it all off. We got moaned at by a few morons who acted like i had made him do it on purpose.

I havent been back to Brighton since :eek:

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Sky always gets under my feet when we're on a busy street. She yelps so loudly I blush. People are looking at me like I'm beating my own dog :rolleyes:

6. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Last year had Sky on his usual walk on the beach and he went up round the dunes..he didn't come right back so i went up to see were he was and there he was sitting right beside a couple who were getting very friendly.:eek: Don't know who was more embarrassed me or them.:blush2: Did not seem to bother Sky tho and thank god he didn't lift his leg and pee on them..:lol::lol:

dipdog and sequeena like this.
  7. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

:eek:hmy: haha!

8. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I was showing some important people round the the pond at work. they were asking about the dog's, I just finished telling them the dog's have to be trained to be off lead if people are around.my springer came running past Knocked me over and jumped up the only snooty one with a white dress on:eek::eek:.

9. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I think there are many embarassing moments with my dog, though just little things, so don't really have a story.

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Rupert was about 7 months and it was about his 2nd time on the beach. He was being good as gold, then someone threw a ball for their dog, and Rupert pulled so hard I fell on my face, let go of the extender and he haired after the ball, then chased the dog away and wouldn't let him have his ball back! I had to catch him by his extender as he flew past, fell to my knees with the yank of it... The beach had plenty of people on it too...

Word of warning, those extender ropes cause severe rope burn :eek:

11. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I laughed so much:lol::lol::lol::lol:

12. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

While out with the dogs awhile ago i stopped and was chatting with other dog owners,all of a sudden Rusty my hubbys dog passed wind,it was sooooooooo loud and smelly,i blushed,the couple i was talking to ,quickly said" time we continued on our walk" i am so sure they thought it was me that had done it.:D

13. One day at the park i threw Holly a ball. Off she went to retrieve it and came back at full speed running straight into me. I stumbled forward straight over the top of her and hit my face on the muddy wet ground. then had to walk a mile back to my house through a crowded street with shops. I dont know what was more embarressing. Me falling face first into the wet mud (there were people about which saw) or me having to walk home with a mud smeared face

14. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Nothing embarrasing for me.......yet. lol!

15. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I was at an agility competion with Ziggy, and was using one of those plastic portaloos they provide. Zig was outside with her lead through the door, she lunged at something (I don't know what), her lead caught the catch and the door flew open! Talk about caught with the trousers down! Fortunately not a crowd outside!

16. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

I don't know.

Was it the time my GSD had diarrhoea at Waterloo station and squirted a puddle of reeking effluent on platform 10 in the rush hour?

Or was it when I stopped to talk to a man in the park and my crossbreed decided to pee up his leg?

Or was it the time my foster staffie knocked Claudia Schiffer to the ground and tried to snog her with tongues?

Or was it the time...

You sort of accummulate these moments after a few years of dog ownership, don't you?

17. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

:D:D:D:D
    Sorry for laughing but this made me giggle,now i will make sure someone hold my dogs lead while i am in the loo at agility comps,i can just imagine me running a course after if this had happened to me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice