UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
I always threatened to sing to my kids if they didn't do as they were told. I must sing really bad as it pretty well always worked...lol

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i was always told
"if you dont stop crying i will give you something to cry for"
if you ask you dont get, if you dont ask you dont want"
i will take the back of my hand to you
you will be smilling on the other side of your face in a minute.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I can remember being told not to climb a tree, I ignored my Mother who piped up with

"Well, if you fall out and break your leg, don't come crying to me!" :rolleyes:

I'll just crawl then shall I :D

Or one we heard often "Wait till your Dad gets home"

Yep, that was a fearsome threat, my Dad was as daft as a brush :D

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
i was always told
I hated that! I remember trying to choke back sobs! I promised I would never say that to my kids and I never did!
I also hate: You'll be laughing on the other side of your face in a minute! :incazzato: HOW STUPID! What does that even mean!

My dad used to say : If you don't stop it you'll get your head in your hands and your feet to play with! It always stopped me as I tried to work it out! :confused: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I can remember being told not to climb a tree, I ignored my Mother who piped up with

"Well, if you fall out and break your leg, don't come crying to me!" :rolleyes:

I'll just crawl then shall I :D

Or one we heard often "Wait till your Dad gets home"

Yep, that was a fearsome threat, my Dad was as daft as a brush :D
I used to get this as well but it used to upset me even more

'If you fall out and break your leg, don't come running to me' - well, how the hell could I?! :confused:

When my brother was young, he used to irritate my Grandma and she used to say to him
'Pack it in or I'll brain you!!' and if I was there, I'd just say
'You'd have trouble doing that, he hasn't got one!!' :D:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
When I was younger and squabbling with my sisters, our parents would always threaten us with;

''If you don't stop it I'll bang your heads together!''

----

A friend in USA told me one before too, not sure where he got it from tho and I'm not sure if it would be suitable to post on the forum but I thought it was hilarious.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i was always told
Lol fond memories .... Not especially when it was carried out :(

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
When I was about 5 I had an obsession with tv and I'd get up earlier and earlier to watch it and my mum would be furious then one day I woke up about 3 am and started watching it after that my mum started unplugging it all but I would just plug it back in and re programme it then watch it and then once my mum got really mad and got some scissors and said if I ever watched tv before she said so she'd cut the plugs off so that only she could watch it, I smirked and said if you actually cut the plugs off then you won't be able to watch it either. My mum clearly hadn't thought of this, and walloped me till I cried. Still I found this whole situation kind of funny. I was probably a right smart brat. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,984 Posts
Some of these have already been mentioned but...

"I'll give you the back of my hand in a minute" (I have 2 of my own, but thanks anyway :D )
"Come here so I can smack you" (No point coming back then, is there? I know what I'll get if I do :p)
"You'll be laughing on the other side of your face in a minute" (Now THAT one just made me try to do it :lol: )
"Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry for" (What's the point of me stopping then? :blink:)
"If you fall and break your legs, don't come running to me" :)huh: How can I if I have 2 broken legs?)
"If the wind changes, you'll stay like that" (always made me want to pull even more stupid faces just to see if it would :p)
"Sit still or the [bus] driver will kick you off the bus" (What - alone? :huh: :blink:)
"Sweets? I'll give you sweets in a minute" (Thanks :thumbup: Awww! You mean you weren't serious :( :D )

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.