Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

whats the best way to advertise my babies?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kelly-m-e, Jul 30, 2009.

1. kelly-m-e

kelly-m-e PetForums Member

Hi there,

As you probably know my mini lop rabbit gave birth to 7 beautiful babies just 2 weeks after I had her. I know they can't leave mom until they are 8/10 weeks old. But I was wondering when I should start adverising them? I don't want them to go to any old home I want to make sure they will be looked after etc.

Any advice would be gr8!! :-D

2. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Hi ya nothing to do with your post but i just tried to pm you but your inbox is too full to receive anymore pm! lol!

xx

3. kelly-m-e

Emptied it lol! :)

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

5. 3rabbits

3rabbits PetForums Newbie

Try Preloved.co.uk. There are lots of people on there looking for rabbits and you can get them to call you so that you can assess them on the phone before they come round.
    hope this helps.
    Laura

6. kelly-m-e

Thanks guys, I'm going to look round to see what sensible sites are out there!

Thanks again x

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I would set ur self a list of owner requirements, ie minimum size of hutch/cage, minimum age if for a child, and also provide them with some uselful links/info if they are new to rabbits.

If you advertise online its normally free, so you can write as much as you want, and just say "sorry to sound fussy but I really want these buns to go to good homes only" you could also include their story which may make potential bunny owners more interested if they were considering getting a rescue bun instead.

The rabbit rehome website really is great too, and your young buns will attract a lot of attention coz there young

good luck hope they all get super homes :)

8. kelly-m-e

Yeah good idea with the list! I can put that in the adverts (in a polite way so I don't scare ppl pmsl!)

What would be the best age to start advertising? I don't want to do it to late but I don't wan tto do it too early and seem cruel!

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

ive seen adverts for bunnies as soon as their borne, I would say as long as their all healthy and look fluffy say 4-6 weeks, you could advertise them and start taking deposits,
    also you might want an idea of what sex they are before people get interested, this is very hard to do when they are so young even vets get it wrong

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice