UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best food for my cat? Should i use:
a) store-bought, wet, canned food (Whiskas Friskies pate is what i currently use)
b) wet home-made food (include recipe please :))
c) dry food (what type? i've been advised against this due to worries about dehydration)

I was also wondering if anyone knew the breed of my cat. I'm assuming she's a tabby plus something long-hair since she has longish soft hair, long tail and hairy ears.

Much appreciated everyone!

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
You need to add an option D, raw, which is the best possible food you can feed as long as it's complete, i.e supplemented, made in the right proportions or bought from a supplier.

Failing that, wet food is the best, but i would not feed the brands you've mentioned, preferring instead to go for something high meat and low or no grains. Grau is good, as is Bozita tins .Then you've got other stuff that you can import. If you insist on buying from a shop then Purely, HiLife, Butchers classic and Nature's Menu are the best you're going to get, although Butchers needs to be fed in rotation as it's calcium to phospherus ratio isn't balanced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.