Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What's the best thing for a "messy" carpet?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Muzzie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Muzzie

Muzzie PetForums Junior

I have awoken this morning to find one of my three decided to poo right by the flap of the hooded tray, which then meant she had to walk through it to get out, leading to poo paw marks all over our light carpet :(

I'm sure someone out there knows a great thing to get it out, we haven't been in this house a great deal of time and my mother is yet to see it, I can't let her see it in this state!

Thanks!

2. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

We use the Vanish Carpet power foam because that's the one we had at home. It worked very well on poos but not so much in the red tuna my kitten went 'bulimic' other week. I'm still looking for a great multi-task non-toxic cleaner, though.

There's a thread here with some tips using vinegar, laundry detergent, sodium bicarbonate, and other household products that you might have in hand. Let us know how it works for you.

3. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

We used to use a biological washing liquid to clean and then when dry, sprinkle bicarb down, leave twenty mins or so and hoover up.

4. Muzzie

Muzzie PetForums Junior

So far I've just used some washing up liquid in hot water, however it's yet to dry so can't update too much - although the stains did appear to lift with some 'gentle' scrubbing ;)

I did think of vanish however my mum said it was rubbish when she tried it after her dog left a little 'present' on the carpet for her one morning so I was reluctant to go out and buy something that might not work.

Thanks for your great advice however :D

5. chellemich

chellemich PetForums Member

Just what I want to know too. I was left some 'sicky' presents on my carpet last week and there are still feint stains on the carpet. I will give some of the above suggestions a try. I have a beige coloured carpet so I think I will hire out one of those Rug Doctors once a year or so and give the whole place a good clean.

The things we have to put up with, eh?! :)

6. Muzzie

Muzzie PetForums Junior

I was quite lucky with mine chellemich, one managed to get worms and puke some up (something I never want to experience cleaning up again!) but she managed to do it on the laminate so all I needed was a mop, bucket and a strong stomach! :tongue_smilie:

I don't think they realise how much we actually do for them ;)

7. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

try the rug doctor spray for tracked in stains it's amazing.

The first week I got mine Bobbins pooed absolutely everywhere and it lifted the stains really well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice