Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What's going on?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by HollyM, Jun 11, 2010.

1. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I started feeding my cat an exclusively raw diet about 2 months ago and recently purchased the cat activity board and treat ball, both of which i have filled with high quality dried food. Today he has turned his nose up at his usual raw. Do you think this is because he prefer's the dried? Thanks in advance.

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Not sure whether he has gorged himself on the dry and is now ignoring the raw or whether he is having an off his food evening. See what the story is like in the morning.

Could it be the new mix you are using? Could you use fewer treats tomorrow to stop filling himself up - so perhaps only use one of them a day and perhaps alternate the ones you are filling up? Remember that one doesn't need an awful lot of dry, especially of the high end ones, to fill a cat up.

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Thanks for the advise Hobbs, the problem is that he isn't using either toy very much so hasn't really been eating that much dry. Anyway i shall follow your advise and see how he is in the morning and update you. Thanks again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice