UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

2281 - 2300 of 2333 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
I'm going to make the wife a lovely Chicken Masala curry later on tonight.

I've enjoyed making a curry since the 1980s.

There is nothing better than having the wood burner burning and enjoying a nice meal while watching the TV.

·
Cosy Corner Collies
1,225 Posts
Self indulgent I know but I picked nearly a kilo of Gooseberry's and made a Gooseberry crumble.
I promised myself this when a long time ago I was in a restaurant and thought I would have the Gooseberry crumble but there was none left.

I resolved this by buying 4 bushes last year and this is the first crop.
Food miles 50 feet, cooked within 10 minutes so looking forward to tasting it.

·
Cosy Corner Collies
1,225 Posts
Roast Chicken tonight as I purchased 3 last week at a reduced price but noticed today that they are all dated a couple of days ago.
Middle dog is getting over pancreatitis so eats lots of chicken etc.
Roasted one earlier for them and we shall have a meal and what ever is left can go to the dogs or I make pies tomorrow.

Potatoes may be from the garden, I purchased 2 bags of seed potatoes some time ago at the end of the season and they were reduced to 50p a bag.
So far I have dug about 1/3 of the plot and there have been loads, some the size of small boulders, what great value and excellent for roasting.

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
Did steak and ale pie yesterday.
Put one up for dd to take back to uni this morning but I was half asleep loading her cool bag so forgot her pie .... bad mother that I am.

So, I'm half guiltily going to eat her steak and ale pie (minus the pastry) with pots and peas.

·
Cosy Corner Collies
1,225 Posts
Cottage Pie with a couple of spare sausages thrown in and a side of leaks chopped and fried in butter and black pepper with mature cheddar cheese grated and added to melt into the leaks.

Followed by apple and cranberry pie I made earlier, with a generous dose of cream.

No-one is on a diet when they come here for dinner...……..

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
Today I made Lazy Chicken Stew.

The "lazy" bit being that I didn't saute anything, just put it all in the pot and left it in the simmering oven until I was ready to eat it at tea time.

Delish!!

Also made up a big batch of leek and potato soup which I will portion out and freeze tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Just made a Singapore chow mein, followed a recipe off YouTube.

It was so good and cost a fraction of the price, doubt it was healthy tho :Hilarious Need a bigger wok to cook more in :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a nice big grocery order arriving this afternoon, so nice full fridge now! Only problem is.. I based my order around next weeks meal plans... and I totally forgot about today :( so no nice big Sunday roast today :(

sooooo we had McDonalds :rolleyes:

·
Cosy Corner Collies
1,225 Posts
Sausage Toad in the Hole today with roast potatoes.
Did the Yorkshire pudding to a recipe I copied from James Martin and reduced it for the 2 of us - never had a better batter, I had to lower the shelf in the oven half way through cooking it was so big.

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Staple food

2281 - 2300 of 2333 Posts