Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What's for tea?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sleeping_Lion, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mrs phas

mrs phas my home, my sofa, my rules

good friday
    fish n chips followed by hot x buns
    of course

leashedForLife likes this.
  2. leashedForLife

leashedForLife PetForums VIP

i went grocery-shopping last nite. :Happy Hurrah!
    I hadn't eaten since brekkie, so had a salad of chiffonade Romaine, flaked tuna, 2 small hard-boiled eggs, shredded carrots, & vegan 1,000 Island dressing.
    Yum.
    vanilla ice-cream for dessert. [organic everything.]
    this morning, i had 2 small ripe bananas & a whole pint of U-S raised red raspberries [also organic] with decaf java & 2% milk [org].
    for late lunch at 4-pm, i had a whopping salad of 50 / 50 mesclun & baby-spinach, with carrot-ginger dressing, & a nice crusty hunk of caraway-rye bread [all organic].
    & more decaf. :D
    Feeling quite spoilt.

3. leashedForLife

I found a nifty new "cracker", it's a multigrain organic rice crisp, from Lundgren Farms - tasty solo, if a bit dry, but a perfect canvas for all sorts of yummy toppings.
    http://www.lundberg.com/product/thin-stackers-red-rice-quinoa/
    For brekkie today, i spread 'em with sunseed butter & topped that with unsweetened apple sauce - ate those wth my decaf, then hoofed it to the T & ate 2 small ripe bananas while en route.
    Lunch was 50/50 spinach & mesclun, shredded carrots, vegan 1,000 Island, & a small cup of frozen yogurt.
    Dinner, sauteed spinach with EVOO, garlic, & lemon as app, then ravioli marinara as entree'. :)

4. mrs phas

mrs phas my home, my sofa, my rules

we have cottage pie and veg tonight
    doing an experiment, just for one month, to see if we can teach our brains to recognise what a 'portion' should be, and lose weight on a confined budget. I have found that I'm still cooking for six and the three of us are eating it

So I, as the shopper, have bought a months worth of microwave ready meals, good ones that are nutritionally balanced, all we are allowed to add is veg [if none in the meal] or a plain salad, no starchy veg tho, so no potatoes, peas, corn, sweet potatoes etc if any of those are meant to be there, they will already be in the meal

breakfast is either porridge [weighed] with water and honey or 2 toast with honey, or, pnut butter, or, marmite, or two poached eggs
    lunch is 3 egg omelette, or open sandwich [no mayo] with only one slice of bread, but plenty of salad, or, a hm fruit platter with a plain greek yoghurt

it works out at 1500/1800 cals per day for all of us [1f and 2m] and I, if not the boys, will be doing a 800 cal 'fast' day once a week

how it will workout, I dunno, but I will let you know at the finish. My biggest thought, as a home cook who loves cooking from scratch and has boys who loves her cooking, is how long will it be before we're all craving proper, fresh, home cooked food

5. Dave S

Dave S Cosy Corner Collies

Might have a problem deciding what to have for dinner as it is so hot. Possibly a cottage pie or lasagne as have had cold the last few days, got some veg ready to pull in the garden..
    BUT, local Tesco had large quantity of 1 kilo boxes of cherries for £4.00 for sale so a couple dropped into my trolley.
    2 large cherry pies, 2 cherry bakewells and a cherry cake later and still have enough left for a cherry clafoutis.

Think I may seriously have to open the Cosy Corner Kitchen up as a restaurant........

6. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

There is a slab of roasting beef with a bbq marinade slowly cooking on the BBQ.

7. leashedForLife

had a massive disappointment yesterday - I went all the way to Beverly, MA, on the train -- to my fave charity shop, where they're having a sale ---
    [to look for used summer-weight pants, my nice light linen pair are simply shot, the elastic died, & the main seam is wearing-thru on the seat].
    I had JUST walked into the store, & the clerk said brightly, "We're closing in a few minutes..." ... :Drowning . ....:Arghh . .. NO! ... *sobs*
    So I took myself out to dinner. // 2 samosas stuffed with peas & potatoes, dal soup, Basmati rice, raita, & kheer for dessert.
    Mmmmm. // Then i got back on the train. :rolleyes:

Lurcherlad likes this.
  8. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Rice, ratatouille, spinach, salmon fillet :)

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

soo lazy today! CBA to even cook pasta to go with the 'stuffed with veggies' pasta sauce I made....just added more water before I microwaved it and called it vegetable soup!LOL:Hilarious
    Very nice with some seeded oatcakes.

10. Fred&KiKi

Fred&KiKi PetForums Member

steak tonight in my house, with onion rings and fries! (its the OH turn to cook as well! happy fridays!)

11. mbwoy84

mbwoy84 PetForums Junior

Chicken, Mushroom & Bacon Casserole

12. Dave S

Had a home made deep filled Chicken and vegetable pie with everything left over from a previous dinner with chips followed by a delicious cherry bakewell sponge pudding with fresh cream.

13. Eleora

Eleora Banned

Haagen daz, Jelly Beans, Tesco Strawberry and Prosecco Trifle and crisps... been one of those days.

14. Dave S

Simply baked some part baked rolls, cooked Cumberland sausages, fried egg and plenty of mustard. Put together for an unusual Sunday dinner but oh so nice.

15. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I'm marinading some rump steak in tandoori spices & yoghurt, then going to grill it, and I may or may not make a curry sauce.

16. Dave S

Can't beat the taste of fresh home made bread, lightly toasted and oozing with butter, topped with a decent mature cheddar cheese and chutney. Nice.

17. DFP

DFP PetForums Junior

The last four days hve been veggies, with one vegan meal, so tonight we are indulging in a fish supper. Young's fish with a creamy and herby topping/sauce, oven chips and broccoli. Back on the veggie wagon tomorrow with a pasta bake, and on Sunday I'm going to try a vegetable kofta curry recipe that looks delicious (though deep fried, so not healthy, really).

18. Zaros

Zaros Banned

We're having our traditional Friday smoked salmon, smoked by little old me, boiled potatee-ohs, garden peas and a choice bottle of red wine.

The dogs are salivating because they know there's always a piece of salmon for them too.:)

19. Dave S

Bacon with a liberal dose of mustard wrapped in sour dough pancakes.

Oh so good.

20. Dave S

Lots of people for dinner tonight so;

Roast leg of lamb, roast chicken, lots of crispy roast potatoes, honey glazed parsnips, carrots, peas and creamy leak bake followed by Key Lime Pie or pate sucrée apple pie or Eaton Mess, cream, custard and anything else anyone wants.

If that fails to impress there's a Chinese takeaway just up the road................

grumpy goby and Fred&KiKi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice