Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

whats does a bichon lion cut looks like?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shellinch, Jul 2, 2009.

1. shellinch

shellinch PetForums Member

hi guys im just wondering what a lion cut looks like in regards to bichon styles as iv had a few people tell me there groomers call it a lion cut.

so im a but confused. what are all the names of different cuts you can do for them?

thankx guys

2. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Its big and round, google some pics and you will probably see one straight off. P.s it takes alot of upkeep to maintain that sort of cut as we know the fur can get tangled if not checked regularly and will have to be brushed extensivly every day, maybe more than once. I have one dog that i can actually maintain this on as his fur doesnt seem to tangle like my girls do although gonna try again in the winter, been a bit too hot to have so much fur round their head in this heat wave. They require this look for showing your dog too, best to learn it cos i dont know of any groomers in my area that have a clue how to cut this. Maybe you will be more lucky!

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Oops lol forgive me , just realised your a groomer pmsl. ok it will take some practice but i will give you a few tips. When you have washed dog delt with tangles knots etc and blow dried round the face and head you need to just snip in with the scissors from inner eye up to upper brow on other side and repeat. Think of the head as a big ball, its gotta be round lol. Not too long round the mouth area as bichons tend to get drips off water bowl then it spoils the whole look lol. Underneath the ears i find it best to trim right back so the ears sit within the circle and not out of it. Leaving the length slightly on the ears can sometimes help to get the look right. I do have a really good book on bichons and how to groom them that taught me, probably your best bet as trying to tell you is alot more difficult that seeing step by step guides. If i remember where i have put it i will get the title put on here for you. I do believe there are step by step guides on the internet also, good luck. If you can learn to do that cut you will be well sort after!!!!!!

4. shellinch

shellinch PetForums Member

hiya thank you. i can do the cut but i keep having people come into the grooming parlour asking for it and the cut they already have is supposudly the lion cut but doesnt look like the round look at all! and then customers get annoyed with me saying that their other groomer is better and more experienced. i seen a lady over the park that said they have the lion cut and their bichon was cut short around the mouth and up towards the eyes then the head was cut tall and like a cone. looked really silly. but she called it the lion cut which is where iv been getting confused as to what its called. usualy people just bring a picture of desired cut or they explain to me and i get my charts out. here are two of the bichons i done a few weeks ago. would you say that is a lion cut?

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice