Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What's best hut and run for bharma chichester and cockral

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Bobby25barhma, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Bobby25barhma

Bobby25barhma PetForums Newbie

Hey I'm new to keep in chickens and have got 1 bharma cockral and 2 bharma chickens I think I spelt them right and I'm just wondering what's best hut and built on run would people recommend for them I have about 150 to spend on one thank you for your advice and help means a lot

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Hi and welcome :)

Do you mean brahma chickens?

I'm a relative newbie to chickens myself, but this part of the forum doesn't get much footfall so I'll help if I can.

You will need a minimum of around 10-12 sq.ft inside the coop, plus around 30 sq.ft or more for the run. If you buy a coop with an attached run, you'll need an extension - I built mine myself using pre-made aviary panels that you can get fairly cheaply on ebay.

If you're any good at DIY, you could also consider converting a small wooden or plastic shed or playhouse etc for the coop. This way it will be walk-in which makes it easier to clean. There's plenty of online tutorials on how to do this.

You could also consider second-hand to keep the costs down.

One important point to remember for the coop is to avoid any with felted roofs as they're impossible to clean properly and are a haven for red mites. Corrugated or slatted roofs are much better.

Hope that helps a little!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice