Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Whatever happened to Chairman Mao?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by poohdog, Aug 22, 2013.

1. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Older folks on here will remember the state of China under Mao..The brainwashed Red Guard chanting and waving his little red book...arresting or beating up and often killing anyone who had the nerve to complain about their lot in life.

My God the way things have changed...still communist, and freedom of speech still under a tight rein...but you've got to admire how they've come on over the years.

I was over there twenty odd years ago on business,and although things were slowly changing. I was still accompanied day and night wherever I went by an 'Advisor' who made sure I didn't talk to anyone who was not approved.
    You would think North Korea would copy the Chinese way instead of living in the past with the fear and starvation of Maos' legacy.

There are still poor peasants in the fields, but nowadays they're not starving...and the business classes sure know how to live nowadays.Their interior designers and architects can certainly show the West a thing or two.
    My son's there now on business staying in this hotel...I've used a link which shows the opulence of the place and saves me downloading his photos.

Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort, a gigantic glowing doughnut hotel in China | Mail Online

2. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Wow lucky son :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice