Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would your life

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jul 7, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Be like without your dog?
    I always have a break between my dogs as I think it unfair to the new one while I'm still grieving, but I find I have such plans while I'm dogless but never ever do any off it. I just feel so lost without a dog in my life.

2. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

incomplete, empty and sad:(
    I havent been without a dog for years and even when grieving they help by by making me get up,get out n carry on.
    Differnt people have dif ways of coping;)

3. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

At a loss :( like part of me is missing. But as Gesic said everyone is different in coping and you should do what you feel comfortable with, if you pressure yourself it'll take longer for the grieving process to subside.
    x

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i was 12-13 when we lost our first dog It was heartbreaking, we didnt get another until i was 17 and only then because i bugged the hell out of my parents for one and we got her from our local recuse place and she had a great life for 7 yrs with us (mainly my parents) :) she sadly died in feb 2009 2 weeks after we got zeb i think me and oh getting was fate we turned down so many other puppies and something alway stopped us getting one But nothing did with him

he made korma dying alot easier to cope with

5. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Oh god I can't imagine!!! I'd have alot less friends, alot more time but be totally bored! I would have a lovely clean house though!!:D

I've yet to lose one of my dogs as an adult, and I do think having a pack will help (I hope so because I'm going to fall apart when it does happen believe me!). I certainly won't 'replace' the dog I've lost but I've no doubt another rescue will need me and if the time is right and the rest of the pack accept them then I'm sure I'll never have a day where there isn't at least 4 dogs in my home.

6. fwj01

fwj01 PetForums Junior

I have always had a dog... I'm not used to not having a dog being around, I hate leaving my dog. It would be so empty and boring without the energy of a dog in the house!!

7. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

There would be a lot less hair to hoover and sweep up, but life would be dull, boring and lacking a lot of purpose.

8. harmeetjohal

harmeetjohal PetForums Senior

i would miss the hair..... hair in my car my cloths and my food...

9. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I would be lost, and everything would be so...empty and quiet.
    I have had dogs since 4 years old. It will be heartbreaking when my first ever dog passes on :(

10. harmeetjohal

harmeetjohal PetForums Senior

the thought of anything happening to Simba would kill me!!!

11. Yogi B

Yogi B PetForums Member

I think after all these years, simply put I would not have a life. I believe most here have dogs out of love for animals in general. For the most part we appreciate the complex but sincere offering they have for us. They put all their trust and devotion and love into us without question, something that we as people lack in each other. In a word the offer "unconditional" love. No matter what the circumstances of the day, bad or good they are there waiting and always happy to see us. A lick to the face and a wagging tail (short or long) makes you melt and the days problems seem so far gone as to be forgotten all together. Unfortunately, not all people understand this but for the lucky few who cherish and understand a dog, they are an irreplaceable part of our lives.

gesic likes this.
  12. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Murphy is my first dog so id have this to come at some point its not something i try to think about. I was bad enough when i lost our old cat at 16 and waited a year until i got another. But when Murphy is at the groomers for the day the house is soleless empty and i miss talking to him... having a shadow following me round the garden and the bark when the mail comes through the door. Or silly things like he likes to lick the lid from my yougart pot when im done. Mines nearlly 9 so hoping i have many years yet with him.

13. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

So well put i agree with all you said.

14. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I once had a week without a dog. The first day I was actually glad not to have to go for a walk, the second day I was missing it and the third day I was on the phone trying to get a dog and picked her up a few days later. I once lost 2 dogs in a tragic accident and I got a rescue dog a couple of days later. I need a dog, I can still grieve for the old one. Luckily I have nearly always been a multiple dog owner so the loss of a dog doesnt mean I am dogless and obviously in over 50 years I have owned a fair few dogs.

15. nerd of prey

nerd of prey PetForums Junior

I miss having a dog so much since I moved out on my own three years ago. I really miss having something to look after and going for walks. My partner doesn't like walking and I look a bit of a nutter going on my own, and I always feel a bit safer when walking with a dog even if it is my parents cocker spaniel! I really miss having a dog around the house but I know it wouldn't be fair to have one at the moment. Hopefully this time next year I will be getting a greyhound... fingers crossed

16. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

I was going through a bit of a down patch when I decided to get Monty. I know they say that you shouldn't get a dog when you're in that state of mind, but I really feel that he helped me to pick myself up & get moving. So, I'd probably still be feeling like crap if I had never gotten Monty. I feel that he changed my life for the better.

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I've never been without a dog in my entire life...Don't know what I would do....

18. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I would feel empty and bored!!

I would miss sitting in the garden watching dogs playing, (we have nearly always had 2), i would miss the walks, the woods just wouldn't be the same without a dog or 2, the comfort, the security, the love, the friendship, the companionship, the fun and laughter that the company of a dog or 2 brings to a house!!!

I would in a funny way miss the hair floating down my wooden floor in the hall!! the holes in the grass!! the dog toys all over the garden!! the smell of damp dog that fills the lounge on a rainy day!!! LOL ;):wink5::rolleyes:

Think that's about it really!!

So i don't think i would ever be without a dog or 2!!

19. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I'd carry on as normal....i love Dylan and he's very precious to us but i do miss the freedom i used to have before him however, i know once he's grown this will return. He IS my last dog, i will NOT have another pet after him so i intend to enjoy him, spoil him until the end :D

20. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My dogs have greatly affected the direction my life has taken. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

When they finally go, i think id like some dog free time. Mostly to get some things sorted, but also because i dont think any dog could be as wonderful and as perfect as my boys.

Hopefully this wont be an issue for many years to come, even if it means i have to keep sacrificing for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice