Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you have done

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by suewhite, Oct 1, 2013.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Today I went to Sainsburys got the trolley filled it up and decided that I needed some make up got some face cream and a lippy threw them in the trolley went to checkout paid for my shopping,when I got to the car went to put the bags in the car and laying in the trolley was me make up (unpaid for)would you have gone back and paid for it,tell ya later what I did:thumbup1:

2. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Personally... and this will make me sound awful most likely.

Nope! I would have gotten in my car and drove off. If it was say a charity shop then I would go back but Sainsburys make enough money so NOPE!!

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

lol Im lame enough to have gone back...damn those cameras:D ;)

4. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I would have too. I was taught as a kid that stealing is stealing, full stop.

So....it's ok to steal from rich people? Because I might be considered rich by some people because I own a house and a car - would it be ok for, say someone on less money than me to steal from me?

5. SirHiss

SirHiss Guest

I once were in a clothes shop browsing as you do, when I walked out I found I'd had accidentally hooked a coat hanger with a skirt attached to my bag.

I did walk back in and return it. Even though I felt extremely stupid.

6. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I think I would have gone back, I would be too worried someone had realised at the checkout that I hadn't paid for them
    Saying that, years ago I went into a store in town, and only realised when I got almost to the bus stop that I had a bath sponge tucked under my arm
    I used to have a habit of tucking something under my arm if I only wanted a couple of things, I don't do it now, always get a basket,
    I didn't go back by the way, as I had to catch that bus, and was a long way from the store, but I could feel myself going red in a panic in case anyone was after me, lol and the thought of being labelled a shoplifter:eek:

7. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

I tend to think that Sainsburys steal off me every time I do my shopping;)

8. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I would of gone back in and paid for it, like someone else said, stealing is stealing.

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I would have gone back and paid for them. I did this in Primark once, well the lad didn't scan an item on and I noticed as I was walking down the high st. I went back but the security guard said 'you're a lovely girl, very honest. It does not matter' and when I said but its stealing! He said 'no you have been very honest it does matter you take it' which I thought was very weird. It was closing time and he wouldn't hear of me going in and paying for it though, too keen to get home!

10. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

I take it you forgot to put them on the checkout? in that case, yes I would pay for them as it was my mistake.

11. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

They had got stuck under a load of leaflets that were in the trolley :)

12. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

I would have gone back and paid for it. I dont know why but it makes me feel incredibly guilty. Its happened once before and ive not gone back and I felt so so guilty.

13. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

It is because you are honest, that is why you felt guilty.

Ant there is nothing wrong with that.

14. Hanwombat

Supermarkets make enough money as it is and no I don't just go around stealing things so please don't assume that I do!

If it was something like a cheap bit of make up then no I wouldn't feel guilty at all. I thought forums was where people had mixed reviews on things? Didn't realise we all had to do the same thing.

FYI I have never actually walked out with anything in a supermarket that was unpaid for as I always make sure my trolley is empty!

I've actually never stolen a thing in my life, if it was an expensive item then yes but if its something worth a few quid then no I wouldn't.

#14 Hanwombat, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  15. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

:eek: I usually take a tape measure in my bag to the DIY store. One day i forgot to pack it in so I took one off the shelf to measure something, with the intention of returning it to the shelf. However, in that store (it's like the equivalent of your B&Q) I often fall into a zombie-like trance (so MANY LOVELY GOODIES) and I popped it into my bag, paid for my goods and left. A week later (yes, my bag is in a state :eek:), I came across this brand new tape measure in my bag (took a few minutes, then it hit me :eek:). Honestly, I was too ashamed to take it back, I just couldn't do it..... If I had discovered it the same day, I would've, but the shame paralysed me. I eventually gave it to the hospice for their sales table.

16. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

:biggrin: :p ;) its in jest so dont bark :eek:

17. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

:eek: Our Sue is ladee, she would not wear cheap make up :biggrin:

In tesco I paid for a few items and didn't realise until I got outside I had a pack of chewing gum in my sweaty thieving hand, I was mighty embarrassed but went back in and paid for it - my sister-in-law had served me and I was convinced I would be on CCTV and she would get the sack and I would be imprisoned :eek:

18. Hanwombat

I didn't imply anything ;) I don't buy make up from supermarkets anyways so shouldn't happen to me. MAC all the only :p and I hardly where makeup!

19. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

Forums are where people discuss, give their point of view, and that is what I'm doing.
    You've just told us, twice, that you would steal, but that you don't think it's theft if it's an item of low value. And that "supermarkets make enough money". If you knowingly walk away when you have the opportunity to go back and pay, then that is stealing.

I make enough money to replace my phone if someone stole it - would that be ok then?

20. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

You have a point......actually. :eek:
    I knew the tape measure would come back to haunt me...... I knew it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice