Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you have changed?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JSR, Jul 1, 2009.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

The thread about 5 things made me think about what I would have changed if I could. I said I wish I'm met my OH years ago as he's such a unique and special person, he really puts up with so much from me and doesn't ask for anything. He's extreamly understanding of my need of 'space' and my quiet rediculus independance and pride. We get on like a house on fire but he knows I'll never live with him or share a house (unless we win the lottery and we can buy a HUGE place with 2 houses and acres of land!!).

So my wish would to have met him 20 years ago and not gone through the other blokes who said they respected my life choices but really thought they could change me! (Fools!!:D)

So what would you have changed if you could?

2. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I think I would change the age I had my children.. I wish I had had them like now, and not 24,, also had a bigger age gap between them there is 22 months but wish i had a four year gap

3. rona

rona Guest

I would not have wasted 5 years of my life and £25,000 in savings on a bloke that took advantage when i was at a low ebb, just after having a positive smear, losing my Goldie and losing my father.
    **** bag :mad::mad::mad:

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Probably nothing, I think the things that have happened in my life (good and bad) have shaped me into who I am now.If I had to pick one thing though I would have ignored the cow of a health visitor who said my son was just naughty and I had to punish him only to find out later that he is autistic.

5. JSR - my mum sounds like you, she loves her own space and wants to keep her house, but the OH is pushing her to move in with him... she doesn't want too, she'd rather just live seperate. Any tips for her? :D lol

Hmm not sure what I would change, I quit college a few years ago and I used to regret that - but now I'm back studying, and I love it more than before, and I've met some great new friends... so if I hadn't quit all them years ago, I wouldn't be as happy or have these new friends now!

I guess if I had to change something, I guess it's similar to JSR's wish. I'd have been with the guy I'm with now, alot longer. I've liked him for 2 years, never thought I'd have a chance with him... I'm a lucky woman :D :eek:

PS. Sorry for the rambling ;) :p

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I would have changed a lot of things but they're private to me so I won't say them here.

7. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Although I love my kids I'd have had nothing to do with their father the idiot I married! I wasted far to much of my life with him, as he caused many problems even years after I divorced him.

I'd have spent more time & money on myself & travelled the world.

I'd have learned to drive when I was working & could afford it.

I'd not have put my life on hold 2 years ago to be a carer & made sure other family members pulled their weight instead of leaving it all to me, that cost me my boyfriend & a new life as I put on hold moving away with him.

I'd have bought the horse I always wanted but never got.

8. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

There are a few personal things i wouldnt have done but here some stuff i can share that i wish i had changed...

I wouldnt have been friends with a girl who betrayed me. I wouldnt have left high school and i would have done my highers and I wish I was more confident at school.

9. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

I agree mostly with that, just wish i could move on and forget certain things.

10. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Wish i'd stood up to the bullys at school.. rather then spent 90% of my school life in fear and dread.. but, like people have said , its made me what i am to day .. and with out that, i wouldn't be the luckiest bloke in the world and met the Mrs..
    I'll not do any more sloppy stuff!

11. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I don't think there is much I'd change, most things have made me who I am today. There is one thing that happened with an ex of mine that I would change though, as it's affected my life, and does affect my life now with my OH. I wish I'd dumped him sooner, so he couldn't do things will still affected me now :(

12. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I wish I could have gotten away from my Dad earlier. He ran off with another woman in Dec 2005, but before then my life was hell, and I know its not nice but I do blame him for why I struggle so much in everyday life and things don't get better anymore.

Can choose your friends but not your family hey :rolleyes:

13. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'm a stong believer in what's happened in my life good and bad hass made me who I am.
    I love my kids and many people ask if I don't regreat being pregnasnt at 19 and I can honestly say no, it has been fantastic she is now soon to turn 19 herself and is the most wonderful person.
    My only regret is I wish I'd been more sensible with money, and would be in a better financial situation now, as I won't be able to give my kids any financial support through uni or help them buy there first house.

14. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I wish I had travelled more ..... and a few others which I'll keep to myself! lol

15. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Its a difficult one, the things I regret most are the god awful choices I made with men, the first serious boyfriend and 1st hubby. But if those choices had been changed would I be in the place I am now :confused: so I suppose I would change nothing of note :D

16. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I would definitely not have married 1st hubby, I should have bloody listened to everyone around me, but hey, you live and learn I suppose.:rolleyes:

17. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Travelling would of been good, there are so many places I would love to see.
    I really encourage my kids to travel - my daughter is 18 and in the last 2 years has been to Milan, Newyork, Rhodes, Prague and Berlin with her friends - I wish I had had the same opportunities

18. kristy

kristy PetForums Member

i would change just one night in my life....
    the night i sat at my dads house talking about old times then waved goodbye as i went home, still wonder to this day if i had stayed knowing he was feeling down would he have taken the overdose that took his life, who knows but that would be my only change in my life upto now... im sure there will be more....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice