Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you give up?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jul 8, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

If you came on hard times, what would the first and last thing be that you would give up to save money?

I live so frugally any way so the first for me would have to be takeaway food
    the last would be the extra fuel I use to go interesting places with my dog.

I'm not including pets as things to go :(

2. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

Takeaways would be mine too.
    Last thing I would give up is my driving lessons.

3. kath123

kath123 Guest

I suppose the luxurys that i buy in my shopping list, brand name foods and junk really. My alcohol for the weekends as It all adds up doesnt it?? :):)

xxx

4. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

Unfortunatly we have fell upon those hard times and have given up everything, except for broadband. Neither of us smoke or drink, or go out any more, so we decided that would be our one thing we would keep. :D

Next thing to go, is the house!!! (We haven't got anything else!)

5. animallover111

Good thread...really got me thinking......

first thing would be stop eating out......as this would save a fortune

and the last i would stop buying branded food and buy the supermarkets own brand......
    Or stop using the sunbed even though its not that expensive i would save more money changing my food shopping...

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive already given up everything. All i have left is my PC and internet access, so that i guess.

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

If push came to shove it would be our contract mobile phones and 1 car.:(

8. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Gosh......i really don't know..it's a good question though :D

9. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I suppose luxuries in my shopping :( Being single I buy convenience food sometimes although it would be healthier & cheaper not to and also beauty products. And my contract mobile phone :(

Last thing to go would be my car! I couldn't be without it!

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Junk food I reckon. And money on buses into town to go shopping.. As I must waste about a fiver on a cake for my son and other random things. Pluss the things I see in tesco that I don't actualy need!. So I would just give my oh an exact list.
    In fact.. I might just do that.

We are really short just now because our rent has temporarily gone up to cover the mess up the housing benefit made :(

x

11. The Gym & one of the vehicles would have to go here:eek:!

12. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

the first thing id give up would be food...the last thing would be my pets

13. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

not including my pets...

first thing to go would be takeaways and stupid things i buy when going food shopping that i just dont need!

Last thing would be my car as I wouldnt be able to get to work otherwise - have started car sharing though so hopefully this will help :)

14. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

The first thing that would go would be my oh, mind you I have tried but the sod is still here :p.
    My dogs would always be my first priority so I suppose the last thing to go would be the food they are on.

Terri

15. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

lol topical question, considering i was almost made redundant (again) a few months ago i know exactly what i would give up:

mobiles,
    gym,
    snacks and luxury foods/items (icecream, crisps, etc)

last to go would be broadband and/or tV, as we don't go out much tv and internet are the only things we do that aren't free. We only have freeview so it's only the f'ing licence fee that costs us for tv! *muttermutter*

it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference in the grand scheme of things on our house.

16. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Good lord I've got nothing I could give up!! I don't smoke, I don't drink, I never have new clothes and I buy all my food at Lidl and Iceland!!!:eek: I do spend alot on fuel but that's because I live in the middle of nowhere and there is no public transport, I rarely leave the Island usually only do so to deliver a dog to a foster home or assisting another rescue. I drive a van which has cheap insurance and running costs.

My mobile is the only phone I have, I have no internet at home, I have Sky TV but only the basic packages and my social life is meeting friends to walk the dogs or to go horse riding. There is absolutely no way in hell I would ever sell the horse even though he is my biggest outlay each month, and the dogs obviously are here to stay so if worst came the worst then I would have to sell the house which I have quiet alot of money in and get myself a caravan! I couldn't care less what I live in as long as I've got the pack and enough money to keep them comfortable.

17. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I'd get rid of my contract phone.

I'd get rid of my takeaways and treats before I stopped getting Rupert all his pig's ears and marrow bones. My laptop is in awful condition and sometimes just wont turn on, I really need to get a new one by September but instead I've taken out a new insurance policy for Rupert so he is insured through his backside, lol! Must get working a bit harder before I can get a laptop, and even then I'll probably have to buy Rupert something :rolleyes:

18. bird

bird PetForums VIP

SKY SPORTS :D though there'd one heck of an argument on that one
    Seriously think that would be the last thing to go
    My contract phone he needs his for work
    My car he needs his for work
    ciggies and wine
    Then sky sports
    Notice how my stuff would have to go first :(

19. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

same here bird. my stuff would go first then OH's would change rather than go completely.

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I can live easily without most things. TV etc, but I think it would be very hard for me to give up the internet. Places like this forum tend to be the only things keeping me going at times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice