Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you do...?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by princessx87, Jul 29, 2009.

1. princessx87

princessx87 PetForums Senior

Ok this is abit long as im starting from the very begining.!!

There is a young couple thats just moved into a property a cross the road from us, Now since they have been there they have been nothing but trouble.
    Fighting between them, (Well him hitting her in the middle of the road in front of the hole neighbour-hood!)

Then around 12 weeks ago, they brought a dog to the house, within the first 7 days of the dog being there, they are letting the dog out the house in the mornings, Just opening the door, and the dog runs and poo's and wee's on people front gardens, when the dogs had enough he stands there barking from anything up to 30 mins intil he gets in.

The dog was let out a few weeks back and run at the neighbours children and pinned a child to a wall, I dont think he was willing to bite more like excitment, ect..

Now within the last week i have since found out 3 new things thats starting to worry me...

1) The dog is a full pitbull,

2) The male owner was trying to get the dog to bite his girlfriend the other day after yet another fight,

3) When the dog didn't bite he then swung his arm right back and hit the dog
    so hard in the face it let out one all mighty cry.

Then we was kicking the dog and told it to F&&k off and let it off the lead, and he just stood there laughing.
    These people are the type that cannot be spoken to, I lost my rag with him after seeing this and went out to ask him what he's problem was to only end up in a mini-fight.
    (Pushing, Swearing ect..)

now i am totally stumped, as what to do next.
    This has really frightened some of my family members, But i cant stand back watching a dog being punched,kicked, By a nothing bully.

But i am worried that if i report him to the police, the dog may be taken and PTS.. :-(

Does anyone know what next options are......!

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I would start calling the police and the RSPCA

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Gosh, that sounds so bad for the poor dog.

How do you know it's a full pitt? Could it just be him exagerating or neighbours just trying to scare each other?

I think if I was in your position me and my oh would probably try to get the dog from them and take it from there. I know this isn't the best advice sorry :blushing:

4. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

That's awful!! I would have had to go and confront them too! :mad:

From what you have said I would have thought that apart from anything else, wouldnt the physical abuse that you have seen the owner give the dog be enough for i.e. the RSPCA to go and take the dog away from them? Not to mention that they let the dog do what it likes and cause a nuisance to the neighbourhood. Would any of your other neighbours back you up do you think? Or havent they seen it happen?

Problem is if this continues, the dog could end up biting someone, and then he could be taken and pts anyway :( So better to try and get him rescued/helped now before something worse happens...

Good luck!

5. rona

rona Guest

Well something has to be done, the dog is suffering all the time in that environment. Take some pictures if you can, make a diary and report it.
    You can't do anything on your own, you will be putting yourself and your family at risk.

6. princessx87

It looks totally the same as "daddy" from dog whisperer.
    Same colour and everything.

I tried taking the dog, and even offered them money for it and was told some choice things...!

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Don't confront these people, do as Rona said.

It must be hard because if it were me I would want to jump in and take the dog off their hands but it would not be worth risking my life.

8. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Phone the police if the dog is PTS it's a better option than the life it's living now. (You never know it might get rehomed if it's not a pit). I completely understand your fear of approaching this sick piece of sh*t and please don't be tempted to do so because he obviously has no brain and you could get hurt. Just phone the police and hopefully they can do something.

The dog is suffering, don't see it being pts as a cruel thing, it being kept alive to suffer that treatment is 100 times more cruel.

dobermummy likes this.
  9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

We've got a similar situation across the road from us. The guy has stolen money from a pensioner across from him, goes out to drive with his baby in the car with a can of lagar in his hand.. Everyone is too scared to report him beacuse he's been in and out of prison and just one look at him would make you scared of him. He used to stand in the street and kick the dog aswell. The dog is a white (possibly a staffy. Not sure if you can get white staffies) and when we go over to see our neighbour she comes running up to the fence and just wraps her legs around you just wanting some attention. You can feel the strength in her and she gets so excited asif she's finaly got someone 'normal' to talk to. Alot of the guys friends are the same with their dogs. They can hardly walk because they are so drunk but stand in the street kicking and shouting at the dogs but for some reason the dogs are so loyal to them. I've not really got any advice because no one here is brave enough to report them.

10. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I would report aswell at the end of the day if the poor dog is a pit and pts its better then living a life with a sad excuse for a man beating it :(

i would ask a few neighbours if they would report aswell then atleast it gives the police and rspca abit more of a kick up the bum to do something

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I would report them, and keep reporting until you get a result.
    Thinking that the dog may be pts is not nice, but at the end of the day, the way the dog is being brought up and treated, it is going to end upbiting someone and being pts anyway.

People like this should not be alowed dogs. No, they should not even be alowed the breathing space to live! :mad:

x

12. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

If the dog is a Pit Bull its illegal to have it out without a muzzle let alone just shoved out!! what about the kids/ dogs in the area! someone or someones dog could get badly bitten or worse! I would be straight on to the police when its let out next time, or dog warden if you have one, as the others have said dont intervene yourself, they sound like real thugs!
    Good luck.

13. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Have you a video camera or one on your phone because i would video as much as i could and then call the r.s.p.c.a. and the police

14. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

get the neighbours together to get as much evidence as possible and tell the RSPCA and the police, id also report all the public fighting and him hitting his OH too as i cant stand men who hit women!!!!!

when talking to the police/RSPCA try tp explain that you dont want the dog to be PTS because this siko took him home, probably wont make much difference but you never know, if its not a pit it may be given a second chance. if it is a pit it more then likely will be pts, not the dogs fault but it has to be reported or the dog is going to suffer a lot more in the long run, at least if it gets pts it will be free from more cruelty

15. princessx87

well this afternoon i have been asking the neighbours on their idea's.
    Someone has said that all day and night the poor dog is crying and barking.

I have called our local police station also this afternoon.
    I have to make a complaint then their has to be another 14 before they will take action.
    They only come out earlier if the dog is injured or someone gets bitten.
    So i called the r.s.p.c.a, The told me:-

I would have to call again in one week, if this is still going on.

As the dog doesn't look under-fed, watered, ect.. Its not crulty.
    The woman asked me if i was just going over the top and that the dog needed to be put into place.?
    So i am starting a log, Going to get pictures / videos ect..

I have no fear of these kids, at the end of the day my concern is the dog.!!

16. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

some people are idiots!! police and RSPCA are all useless!! if you and several neighbours can have a log, gain video/picture evidence and report every little thing they do they will soon get sick of you all and do something. just keep badgering them

17. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

also cant believe the RSPCA would condone such behaviour if the dog needs putting in place. youd think the rspca would be at the head of posstive training wouldnt you, although from what i have seen from the trainers they do use its no wonder so many dogs get pts for behaviour issues!!!

18. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

For gods sake i could slap the RSPCA sometimes so unhelpfull.

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's amazing how you have to do all this yet one neighbour phoned the RSPCA simply because she doesn't like my OH and they were straight out :mad:

What is wrong with this world?!

20. princessx87

Thank you for your support everyone.
    I have seen them today and they are still shouting abuse at the dog, When he is just being a dog...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice