Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I was recently banned from a whippet forum nothing I did but when I was at a friends house I logged on in my name and forgot to log out. My 'friend' sent some nasty pm's to people in my name and so I got banned. No chance for me to explain just and email saying you are banned. That I'm not bothered about I only went on to find show results anyway.

I have just signed on in my sons name as he has an account toobasically because I am bored lol. I have read a thread about a whippet that I bred saying they got him as an older dog he was 18 months and was a failed show dog he was shown but I didn't have time to do him justice. They also said he wasn't house trained and had been kept in kennels all my dogs live in the house.

They are now saying that he escaped a couple of months ago and they think hit by a car then was chased by a nasty boxer out of the park and back home and he has now lost all his confidence. They have also put on posts saying he is destructive and that I never told them what to feed him or how much. I gave them nearly half a sack of my food redmills as the wanted to try their lurcher on it to. I know a dog that I bred they have put photos of him on and I recognise him.

Needless to say I am not happy about all this they have made no attempt to contact me about these problems and I don't like it that I read on a public forum people stating things that are not true about me and my dogs. They haven't actually named me and have changed the dogs name so anyone who knew him from the shows wouldn't know it was my dog.

I can't pm them as as I say I am banned and if they found out I had used my sons name he would be in trouble too. There is no one on there that I trust enough to say anything to them.

Sorry just needed to rant at someone about them as it has really annoyed me that they can go on a forum asking advise but will not bother contacting the breeder especially as I owned the dog for 18 months and know exactly what he is like and how to handle him. He was always a bit of a scatty dog a bit nervous and I explained that to them.

Ok rant over sorry.

2. mag&me

mag&me PetForums Junior

Could you maybe just give them a call to see how things are going without letting on that you have seen what they've written about you?

1 person likes this.
  3. rona

rona Guest

That dreadful, have you got their phone number?

4. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

Yes, I think that's a good idea. I'd see what they say to you. Hasn't anyone on the forum suggested that they contact you?

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Could your son PM or post and say the dog looks like one his mum bred, and if they are having problems he/you would be happy to help?

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I haven't got a phone number for them. I would have emailed them but I've searched through all by emails and I can't find their address. It was before my laptop died and I can't get at my address book for people who contacted me when I was using that laptop.

7. Boston

Boston PetForums Member

Could you set up an new email address then get a new account (ie make up new name and details) then say something to them thats way?

If not how about getting a friend to get an account on the forum and get them to tell them and say you would like to talk to them?

8. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I think this is a good idea i would be tempted to do this in your shoes just to see what else they have to say, and also they wouldn't know who you were!;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice