Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what would you do

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by magika, Jan 2, 2008.

1. magika

magika PetForums Newbie

i want to get a dog, ive wanted one since i was 15. i just love dogs. im now 30.. anyway . we have a 2 bed house with garden. thing is our landlady doesnt allow dogs, well we may phone her again to see if we can twist her arm. i know you may hate me for saying this but even if she says no i still may get one, a small one like a york terrier... because i dont think i can wait anymore.... we cant afford to move somewhere else...i'll prob get slaughtered for this... anyway so what do u think?
    my friend has kept a dog for 6 years without her landlord knowing.
    our landlady hasnt even visited the property once, and she live 40 miles away.
    what do u think?:(

2. Magik

Magik Guest

first of all.. I've gotta say .. you've ripped my name off big time!!! but that aside...
    what you've got to think about is what would happen if you got found out by your land lady? what would happen to the poor dog?? Owning a dog is about doing the best for your pet and putting it at risk like that just isn't fair on your dog...

just not the right time!!!

3. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Agree with the post above.

Been a Breeder myself I ask for proof if the potential owners are in rented accomadation.
    Honesty is the best policy.

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi is it worth the risk why not just talk her round first
    because if she finds out she can make you get rid of it or even kick you out which she prob would do anyway
    ask her round for a dinner or some thing and have a friendly chat
    if she see your reponsible she might
    she might even have dogs?
    its only they think of the damage a dog could cause.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

I wouldn't, you might all find yourselves homeless, there's always someone who will snitch on you. I know its not the same but could you dog walk for a local rescue centre.

6. colacooler

colacooler PetForums Junior

IF you break the contract, landlord can throw you out.

Unfortunately you don't have the privelige of making the rules.

What you can do is give her a bond/deposit type thing of say £500 to cover the damage to the house if the dog were to damage the house so she has piece of mind.

Yorkie is a great dog as they don't really malt or lose hair and they take a while to get through their food. And they are real sweet [well the missus one is!]. Great companions, know when your :( and like to cuddle and loooove to play but be gentle!

Do not buy one unless landlord says yes and give her a bond/deposit as piece of mind.

7. Agree with Magik - you're responsible for your little fury baby; it'll breaks they're hearts when one cant keep it and have to rehome for land lady's reason...

8. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

i agree with them just obey the rules

9. Magik

Magik Guest

for me I dont care about rules... I break them all the time but you can break rules when it would affect someone else... you put the pup at risk by breaking this rule so it's a definate no no!!

10. Yep. Any chance to move?

11. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

whats worth more....the roof over your head....or a dog you havent even got yet???
    wait till you have a place that allows dogs....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice