Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sue&harvey, May 19, 2010.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

I was walking Harvey up to meet the OH from work last night at 10 pm. This beggar who usually sits down an alley was standing at the side of the path we were walking down. His dog is never on lead ( little yorkie) His dog goes or harvey all yappy, & scratching which obviously makes Harvey reactive. The guy just walks away, and eventually his dog follows, but the guy had already gone round the corner. no appology nothing. :mad:

This has happened before, and the dog followed us so I had to pick Harvey up as he was constantly pulling back. I doubt this dog has had any injections. Any ideas how I should handle this next time. At the moment the next time he holds his hand out, when sitting in his alley im tempted to drop a cheap lead into his hand.

Sorry rant over

2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: Don't blame you!!!

3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

It's just so irritating, he is letting his dog terrorise other on lead dogs. I doubt he would use the lead though :rolleyes:

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

There's a beggar in the next town to us & he has a snappy JRT that he lets run around chasing people. A taxi driver was going off on one about him whilst taking me home one night, apprently the 'beggar' used to get a TAXI from his home to wherever he was begging!!!! I was obvioulsy doing something wrong as despite working I had to normally use public transport!!!

5. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Same as this one. I can't even say hes homeless as he lives in the neighbouring area.

Just wan't to know how others would deal with this situation

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

How irresponsible - what a twit. The lead is a good idea but make sure you spit on it first :lol:

7. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

:lol: I really don't think he would use it though. Im going to look up the law re dogs on lead on public footpaths etc. Mabey print it off and srop that in his out streched hand too. The dog look well nourished and cared for, and I don't want him to loose the dog... there are too many dogs looking for homes without another being added, Just to call the dog off. Common sense to me but obviously not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice