Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vixtory, May 18, 2010.

1. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

There`s some people near my mums and they are the people that my mum suspescted had stole her dog lucy! The police raided them and questioned them but they didn`t find lucy so no charges were made against them!
    Mum has been waiting for them to advertise pups ( they breed dogs ) so that she could send me down to try and get inside the barn ( they know mum but not me )... anyway they advertised some pups on saturday so i went down yesterday pretending to view them.. i asked to see the mum and dad of the pups so they took me into the barn..Lucy wasn`t there!

The pups were adorable, well fed and fat has butter all except the little bitch pup, she didn`t look very well... they had all had their tails docked and i know they have done this them selves and not taken them to a vet like they should have done.. their tails looked like they had been docked properly but one of the pups tail was still scabbed and looked sore!
    They told me the pups were 6 weeks old and ready to leave mum... they were NOT 6 weeks old, they could only just stand up and still couldn`t walk properly!

They were lovely people though and never once tried to pressure me into buying a pup... they made me a cuppa and made me feel right at home!

My mum had asked me to check their tails because she wanted to report them if their tails had been docked! She wanted to do this out of badness though because she`s convinced they did take our lucy! I lied to my mum and told her their tails hadn`t been docked! I don`t agree with reporting people just out of badness!

But like i said... their tails had been done illegally and one of the pups tails hadn`t been done very well... also they are trying to convince people that the pups are older than they actually are!

Would you report or would you leave them be?

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'd report them.
    They aren't 'nice' people - they are cruel to animals and are being nice to trick unsuspecting people into buying their puppies.

3. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I'd tell your mum the truth and get her to report them.It is against the law,as for being nice people, actions speak louder than words.:(

4. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Why did your mother first suspect that these people had stolen her dog and did the Police 'raid' their house specifically to look for her dog? :confused:
    If they did and they receive further visits from the police then surely they might see fit to seek revenge?

#4 Zaros, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I'd report them as well, they really can't be that nice if they are docking puppies tails themselves & selling them early.
    I think we all have a duty to be a bit nosy & raise alarms when necessary in order to prevent cruelty to animals as well as children. I think the fact you have posted indicates that you already have concerns. If you are not comfortable to do this then speak to your mum & maybe get her to report them.

6. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

Because they are known for stealing dogs! They don`t live in a house, they live in caravans on land that they have claimed has their own even though they don`t own it!

Yes the police did raid because of mums dog...! Because they are well known for it around mums area it was the first place the police searched but the police didn`t go there untill 3 weeks after lucy was taken!

7. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Report them !! They have obviously perfected that "nice" routine

8. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Oh! We're talking Gypsies then? Chances are if they did steal your mothers dog it was long gone by the time the apathetic Police arrived.
    In that case report them but watch your backs very closely! ;)

9. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

Definitely report them, but do it anonamously.

Even if you put aside the fact that you think they could have stolen Lucy, they are clearly encouraging people to take the pups too early and tail docking is illegal now in the UK, so nobody, not even a vet can do it, unless on medical grounds/for working dogs (but again this is based on a medical need as some working dogs tails could split when going through reeds etc).

Of course they were nice to you - they wanted you to buy a puppy :(

#9 katiefranke, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

thanks for the replies everyone...

going back on the lucy topic... just been informed that a man has been into our local paper shop this morning and told them there that the stolen dog ( our lucy ) on the poster in the shop is being kept on a gypsy camp on flaxley road in selby!
    Thats right near me... were going there shortly to see if its true! x

11. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

It was illegal for them to dock those pups. Please report them to the RSPCA asap. I do hope that you find Lucy and get her back but please do be careful! Some gypsies are very nasty people to say the least and have no respect for the law. :(

12. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

yes defintatley report these people, and good luck on finding lucy i hope that it will be her when you go and look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice