Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What would you do with all this

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Honeys mum, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

Valanita likes this.
  2. CheekyRio

CheekyRio PetForums Member

House, car, holiday, invest the rest and live of the interest. Wouldn't expect to live for too long, bit of an addictive personality! I don't play the lottery because I know I'd waste it. Would be nice to have a cleaner though...:rolleyes:

Wiz201 and Honeys mum like this.
  3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Give most of it away.........why would any one person need all that?

4. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

That's exactly what i thought rona.

5. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Yep same as Rona! keep enough to keep me comfy but wouldn't want to change my life,the rest would be shared out to make a lot of people and animals happy.

6. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Keep just enough to have a happy life and the Guide dogs for the blind, Midlands Air Ambulance, The Briard Rescue, and The Dogs Trust would think it was their birthday.

Honeys mum likes this.
  7. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

give to different charities , give to close friends and family ... go around the world sightseeing trip for a long time ... destination ending in Australia

8. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Big house, land, so I could have the horse and a friend for him at home and Zak could run round without bumping into other dogs. The rest would go to family and friends, we thought about 5 mil to close family, for each person. That would get rid of most of it! Lots and lots to charity, too.

Honeys mum likes this.
  9. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Blummin heck. I'd buy a house for myself. Nothing too huge as I'd have to maintain it, but it would be rural with a decent amount of land. I'd also buy a house for my mum, dad and two sisters. Material possession wise, there isn't much I'd want apart from a new car. I could finally afford a dog mobile! I would also go travelling as and when I wanted which would be the best reward as there is SOO much I'd love to see in the world!

I'd quit my job but I'd like to do something like property developing to keep myself busy. I love all those naff property TV programs!

I'd give loads to charities of my choice, but only ones where I could see where the money was being invested. The rest I guess I'd just put away as that's way more than I'd know what to do with!

Honeys mum likes this.
  10. catpud

catpud PetForums VIP

Give a bit of a nest egg to the family, they could live off the interest more than happily and that would give them a chance to do the things they have always wanted.

Set up a fund for my pets - that would keep the house and them fed, watered, maintained and cared for if anything ever happened to me.

Buy a particular spot of land in the hills near where I am currently that has an old derelict stone barn that would serve nicely as my cottage away from the world.

Divide one or two million between several high interest bank accounts and live off the interest myself - the interest would provide more than enough monthly income for times when I didn't want to / couldn't work, the rest of the time I would work jobs that I love, maybe keep some rare breed livestock.

Charities - most of it would likely end up with charities to be honest. Maybe set up my own to help local animals in need when other charities can't. God knows I wouldn't be struggling for the money or space. Set up a trust fund, again high interest so it keeps giving for local charities to apply for money for expensive things (new buildings, repairs, renovations, emergencies such as flooding and so on) Between me and everybody else I want to give a fund to this means that all of it except for 10 million would be going to charities - what on earth else would you do with the money? One person doesn't need what that sort of money can buy - it would be wasted otherwise.

Firedog and Honeys mum like this.
  11. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Organise the begging letters

at least get staff in to keep sending them

12. Laurac

Laurac PetForums VIP

It would have been so much nicer if 93 people had all won a million.

Firedog, CaliDog, Mulish and 6 others like this.
  13. catpud

catpud PetForums VIP

This, very much this - 93 lives changed, 93 people living comfortably for the rest of their life (if they use it appropriately ) so much better than one person having more than they know what to do with.

Firedog, Mulish, ameliajane and 3 others like this.
  14. silvi

silvi PetForums VIP

Buy us a house with lots of land.
    Two new cars (and many, many driving lessons for me, lol!)

We'd invest in a couple of good houses for our daughters, so they get a foot on the property ladder for when they need it.

I'd give mum and dad some money to pay off their mortgage or enough to buy a new house, and hubby would probably do the same.

I'd pay off my older sister's mortgage.
    Buy my other sister and my brother a house each.

I'd send both my daughters to a decent private school (yes, I know I'm a lefty, but all the schools round here are going 'academy' and the standards are going downhill along with them).
    And I'd set up a trust fund for both of them.

Then, once we had the new house and land, we would think about getting a companion for Sophie, probably a rescue, but we'd take lots of time getting it right.
    We might even set up our own rescue again, but this time we'd do it properly and employ plenty of staff to help.

After that, a long holiday for all of us (especially while our kids are young enough to still want to go with us :)).
    Possibly a tour of the US.

Then, after a break, we might think about setting up a business, but would take a decent amount of time to get it right....hopefully....

After all that, we would definitely give some money to charity:
    A few animal rescues, plus Cancer Research to start with and more once we'd looked into it.

(I think about this quite a lot, lol!)

Honeys mum likes this.
  15. ClaireLouise

I could spend it. I have loads of things I would like to do with that kind of money.

silvi likes this.
  16. Laurac

Laurac PetForums VIP

It would take a very strong minded person to retain their sanity after winning that huge amount - long term there must be a high chance it would jeapordise your relationships.

Firedog, Mulish and Honeys mum like this.
  17. silvi

silvi PetForums VIP

Having money problems often puts relationships in jeopardy anyway, so I'd rather have my money and take my chances :)

18. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

buy a big house with some land, set up a livery stable and some enclosed spaces for dogs in various areas that could be hired out etc. learn to drive, get a car, pay off my mums mortgage, buy my brother and sister houses, buy some of my close friends houses. take LO to disney world. get tutors for my LO one for languages and one for an instrument also enrol her in a good dance school (she begs me to let her do these things already but i just cant afford it) put a nice amount away for me to live off the interest and put a good amount away for LO. then give to some charities especially some smaller animal charities I know of and some military charities, look into some stuff I could do for vunerable children, foster children etc.

So in reality I would probably keep around 30 million to do all the stuff for me, my family and friends and then give the rest to various charities and use it for people who I think need it

Honeys mum likes this.
  19. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Not available for comment

I'd give tons away.

I would pay off my family's debts and help them out lots with houses etc, but I've always maintained I wouldn't just 'give them a million or two'. I wouldn't want to be in a weird family of millionaires. :/

With the rest I'd buy lots of racehorses.

silvi likes this.
  20. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

Buy a lovely old farmhouse in the middle of Dartmoor with no neighbours. Either build an annexe for my mum but as I know the middle of Dartmoor would be her idea of hell on earth probably buy her a nice bungalow somewhere safe close to her sisters. Pay off my sister's mortgage and set up a fund for her two children to see them through university and set them up with a house. Buy a big motorhome and go travelling. Help out a couple of friends and lots of charities. Never work again or set an alarm clock ever.

Firedog and Honeys mum like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice