Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What were the first signs. . . .

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haeveymolly, Aug 18, 2009.

1. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

of your bitch coming into season, molly is now 13 months and has not yet had her first season i expected to see some swelling first. this morning she was licking herself, something she very rarely does ive had a look and cant see anything different, got some white toilet paper and dabbed the area and it wasnt red but a browny colour could this be the start.

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

some dogs miss the usual one at around 6 months, (my shih tzu did), yes they do lick and clean that area all the time, then they start to swell, some dogs swell alot and some a little, you will know the difference to what she was like before and now. If you have a male dog in your house, you will definatly know as the male will be all over here, and she will eventually tease him and then in the end she will stand proud for him to mount her. Yes sometimes it is bright red and it can be a brownish colour.

3. haeveymolly

Harvey has not showed any interest at all but yesterday i was out and we met a male labrador(neutered) and he wouldnt stop sniffing her, so may be this is a season then. Thanks for your reply

4. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

just waanted to say the above poster gr8 info. Hit the nail right on the head

5. haeveymolly

I f i can just mention that her behaviour over i would say the last week has gone from being very clingy wanting to come onto the furniture to us something we have never allowed her to do, to being quite aloof, i do think ive heard that this can happen as well.

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I didn't notice until there was blood on my wooden flooring :rolleyes:

7. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

I know this is probably a daft question but I don't know about bitches as I have a dog - how long are they in season for?

8. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I know it might sound weird but the other girls let me know when another 1 is coming in season

They clean them down there and start to get fruity lol

9. haeveymolly

3 weeks is the norm, she is our first girl so everythings new to me, and she is alittle late unless like like one member said she missed her first one. . . . . . all very complicated this girly business ive had males before have i male now and this little girly.:rolleyes:

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dixie became a little grumpy with her 1st season. She fell out with her best doggy pals (females) and cleaned herself loads.
    She was a complete b1tch for the entire 3 weeks, could not let our friend bring her dog round as Dixie just wanted to eat her!
    Her raining went out of the window too.

So glad I got her done before she came into season again!

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice