Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what went wrong?????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kelseye, Aug 18, 2009.

1. kelseye

kelseye Banned

hello i wanted to share a story about a springer spaniel called ozzy which i took from some people as he was very fin and they were hitting him ....

as he got used to us he soon came back to how a springer should be acting he was no longer shy or scared...i took him to the vets as he hadent had any injectons and he was 1 years old.after he had his injections and vet checks and the vet saying he was in good health i was pleased that somethik good came off this.but a week later he started going to the toilet in the house and it was diarea realy smelly and watery so i thought he may have a upset tummy .at this point he never came into contact with other dogs or in a place where he could of eat somthink he shouldent of..anyway i took him to the vets the day after as he was so weak and the poo smell was smelling realy bad ..the vet told me he had parvo ,This virus causes extreme damage to the intestinal tract, causing sloughing of the cells that line the tract. This can leave the patient open to secondary bacterial infection.i was heart broken as he had to be put down i was so upset guted and confussed to how he got this after the vet gave him the all clear.....

has anyone else saved an animal from crulty to have a sad ending with it?...

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh no that is so sad :( Poor ozzy. He could have picked parvo up before you had him, or if anyone who came to your house had been in contact with a dog with parvo that would pass it on?
    You made his last days happy though.

xx

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear that :(

Parvo is devastating, it's very difficult for dogs to overcome :(

Like Poisongirl said, it may have been brought in the house from someone else, it could've been picked up from anywhere :( or again, he could have already had it when you got him. It's not your fault and you did all you could for him, so please don't blame yourself :) you provided him with a happy ending and i'm sure he'd be very greatful to you for making him happy :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice