Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What Vet Limit have you taken for your cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lumboo, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Lumboo

Lumboo PetForums VIP

OK, I suppose it is related to my insurance question but on a slightly different topic...how much cover have you all taken for your cats? Is £6,000 per annum enough usually or have you taken more?

I read somewhere that dogs are more likely to suffer illness but cats suffer more injury - if this is the usual scenario then 6k should be enough should it?

2. morgmonster

morgmonster PetForums Member

We are with Argos which is £7000. Yes it's possible that treatment in 1 year could exceed that but I figure it's highly unlikely / unlucky. I would say I probably wouldn't go below £5000 personally. But so far no claims, yay. Plus we are lucky enough that if it did go over the limit we could find the cash to pay without too much difficulty.

Also I was reading your other thread, I can't believe the prices you've been quoted for your kittens! We pay about £5 each a month for our 2 moggies (and that's the Lifelong option).

3. Lumboo

Lumboo PetForums VIP

I totally agree it is an outrageous price - both M&S and Pet Plan work out at around £45-50 per month for the two kittens. However, I think that they calculate this based on the number of claims they get in our area and the average cost of vets in the area. We live in North London, so everything is expensive. It seems really unfair as I doubt the premium would go down if we moved!

Thanks for the advice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice