Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What type of shubunkin is this?

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Brogan Birch, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Brogan Birch

Brogan Birch PetForums Newbie

i haven't been able to find the type on the internet but the one it looks alike to is the Bristol shubunkin, Maybe it is a juvenile not fully grown??

Attached Files:

2. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

It's hard to tell from the pictures as they are quite blurry! But it looks more like a London shubunkin to me, which is basically a calico common. Bristols generally have longer, much broader tails, whereas best I can tell from the photos yours looks like it has quite a short tail.

Either way I hope you have a very large tank or a pond ready! Hopefully you're aware that single tailed goldfish can grow up to a foot long easily :D

kittih and Brogan Birch like this.
  3. Brogan Birch

Yup definitely got the tanks I mean every few month items to see myself getting a new tank or pet, I'm not too fussed about ponds however as I feel like you don't get to interact and see the fish as much...

4. Brogan Birch

I'll post a picture of a third of mine i believe they are Japanese shubunkin, Well I get the varieties mixed up for sure

Attached Files:

5. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Japanese Shubunkin (also known as American Shubunkin) are usually just referred to as Shubunkins. They are the ones most commonly found available in pet shops and look essentially like a calico comet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice