Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what type of pet

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by zach the weird one, Mar 13, 2017.

1. zach the weird one

zach the weird one PetForums Newbie

What type of tarantula should I buy I am a beginner and don't know?

2. Catharinem

Catharinem PetForums VIP

No idea, one thing I've never had. There's a section on spiders and inverts, if you go back to main menu and choose "reptiles and others" option, then spiders and inverts is a subsection. Most recent comment is Sept '16, but if you post on there will get more replies. Also, if you like or comment on spider posts the author will get a notification and will hopefully revisit the section.

3. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

As far as I'm learned, the Chilean Rose is the most popular. But I suggest you first pick up a book and teach yourself all about them before actually going ahead and buying one.

4. LapisOre

LapisOre Invertebrate Enthusiast, Mantis Master

The Chilean rose hair tarantula is a great starter species. I currently own 2 tarantulas, both if which are rose hairs. They seem to be a great low-maintenance pet, you only need to feed them a maximum of 5 crickets per week and sometimes they won't eat for a month or more, usually to molt. Glad to help!

5. LapisOre

LapisOre Invertebrate Enthusiast, Mantis Master

And remember: tarantulas like their habitat to be misted once a week and although they rarely drink a water bowl is needed because they will drink if they're thirsty.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice