Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What type of nesting spots do cats look for.

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by andywest, Jul 21, 2009.

1. andywest

andywest PetForums Junior

I have just heard poppy in the cupboard under the stairs as she kocked som larger cans over. Went in to find she'd snuggled up in a cooler bag that i had used to store some gloves and scarfs, very cute but don't fancy her giving birth in such crampt locations.
    Other places have been in a small suitcase underneath the bed, closed but not zipped.
    Underneath a drawer that had been part pulled out, she was there for hours we thought she had got out cause we searched high and low.

2. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

as far as im aware they tend to look for dark quiet places where they feel safe. we put a birthing box in our wardrobe and eeny chose to use it and have her babies there, mo on the other hand chose to have they on the floor at the side of the tv in our bedroom lol

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Dark, quiet areas really, but it could be anywhere ...wherever they feel safe and secure...:001_tt2:

4. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Usually the most inconvenient place EVER! No matter how many cat beds/boxes I set up, she always went and hid behind the sofa! In the end she did use a cat bed under a low shelf to have the babies, phew!

5. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

mine try and have their kittens on my bed .. one cat broke her waters on my stepdads lap but in general yeah dark and quiet places

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice