Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What Type of House????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xxwelshcrazyxx, May 26, 2010.

1. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If you had the chance of having any type of house, or was told you could have any style built for you what would you have. I would love to buy a barn and convert it into a nice 4 bed house, with massive open plan kithen with center Island for preparing food. All exposed stone work with big oak beams and a walk in fireplace. Big full length windows looking out over my lush garden and views of the hills and county side.

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I would love the one in my signature picture.Plus all the ground and out buildings.:thumbup::thumbup:

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

It is a nice house isnt it, that's the one in wales isnt it? I love the look of it.xx

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Thats the one, and it has a barn conversion too.We could be neighbours.lol:lol:

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

Oh Yeah now that is a good idea. You could come round and do all my gardening so it looks like the one you got now ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

How do you fancy this kitchen?Its in the barn conversion.:thumbup:
    The Coach House Self Catering - North Wales

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

8. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

543.jpg
    This is my previous house and I wouldn't want anything nicer than that. It needed updating in the kitchen and bathrooms but I really loved it. Took us two years to find it after selling the house before. It had six bedrooms and three bathrooms but we have downsized since we only have one child (well he's 17) at home now and the garden was getting too much for my husband.
    I used to want a barn conversion until I looked at a couple and thought they were too open, not cosy enough for me.

9. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I love my house i have now, it's a tiny 2 up 2 down cottage and I have absolutely no need or want for a huge fancy house....that said if money was no object I'd buy 100 acres and be perfectly happy in a caravan!! :lol:

Edited to add...anyone fancy this one??http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-13933308.html

It's my parents house...come on guys dig deep cos I get some penny's once it's sold!! Lol!!!

#9 JSR, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Wow, its huge!! let me check behind the sofa cushions, Im sure I can dig up 650 grand!:rolleyes:

Personally Id like a new england style house with a huge garden and big paddock for the dogs. Always wanted a big wrap around porch. Dont laugh but I quite fancy the house from The Walton's!!:lol:

11. rona

rona Guest

Somewhere similar to this
    Property Details

The surroundings and land would be important to me rather than the building.
    Must be lots of wildlife

12. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

I think I'm still a bit of a big kid, but I do have a vision for the home of my dreams and OH thinks it's mad.

It would look very similar to the one in Janice's signature, or some other slightly more traditional looking property.

Inside, I'd love it if it still had the original servant's quarters seperate from the main house (i.e. separate staircase hidden behind a wall, rooms behind rooms, kitchen in the basement with flagged floor etc.). I guess I'd like it to be more of a warren than a house...lots of areas where you wonder "where does this tiny corridor lead"?

Once I moved in, I'd have certain things installed to make life easier.

For instance, a chute leading from the bathroom or bedrooms downstairs to the utility room...that way, I just dump my washing in the chute and then sort it for washing in the utility room.

I'd consider having a "chute slide" hidden in the walls that gets you from the "east wing second floor hallway" to the "west wing ground floor corridor".

I'd have at least one hidden doorway somewhere that leads to a hidden room.

I'd have 2 built-in dishwashers in the kitchen, instead of 1 dishwasher and a cupboard for the clean dishes. That way, you could just switch the first dishwasher on, and hey presto, 30 minutes later you have a neatly stocked "cupboard" with clean dishes (why take them out when they're already so neatly arranged?). You would use the second dishwasher in the meanwhile until you ran out of dishes in the first one.

I'd like a microwave oven that was connected to the internet, so you simply scan the barcode of your food, and the device knows how to cook the blasted thing to perfection!

I'd have tons of land, but not much gardening. I'd simply have large pots with seasonal perrenial flowers and plants all hidden in a walled in area. When one season ends, a guy would simply collect all the pots and put them in the storage area, and bring out the next season's collection. It would be like getting a whole new garden 4 times a year without the hassle of weeding and digging.

I'd have a full on wet room rather than a shower. You'd simply walk in and the thing would switch on while you showered. When you leave, it would spray disinfectant into the room instead of just water for a couple of minutes more. Hey presto...no more cleaning the shower out.

I suppose thinking about it, I would want to redesign the way a house is meant to work, and make sure it worked for the occupant rather than the occupant working for the house. I should have been an architect! LOL

13. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I've already got my perfect house (small country cottage), just got to pay off all the the renovations it needed by renting it out to holiday makers before I'm able to move in :) oh and the kids to fly the nest cos its only got two bedrooms :lol:

JSR ~ your parents house and gardens are lovely, can't imagine that being on the market for too long.

Welshy ~ The only thing with barn conversions and those big open ceiling spaces is how on earth do you get the cobwebs down? :confused:

14. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

pretty much anything to be honest

I love a little small holding But i'd be happy with a 5-6 bed house :lol: the only must have i would have is a big kitchen and atleast 2 toilets/bathrooms and a big garden with a summer house in

15. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

16. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I would make sure all my animals had plenty of space to run outside and I think my ideal house would be a thatched cottage :)

17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Ooooh, I forgot to say! Somewhere flat......:)
    Im so fed up with living on the side of a bloomin big hill. Everywhere I move to seems to be part of a valley, Id love to NOT have hills to look at.:cool:

18. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Funny how you always want something different, I wanted to live by the sea..now I do I desperately miss forests and woodland!! :rolleyes: Can't ever imagine not living by the coast anymore but I would love to have some huge wooded area's to walk in too.

19. bird

bird PetForums VIP

20. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Big Knock off log cabin in the Highlands of Scotland. Comfy and spacious tho, with state of the art music system linked throughout the house, and absolute must, plentya grounds for the kid and furkids. Not interested in having neighbours, but wouldnae complain if I was surrounded by horses and donkeys - tho I already have one living wi me - the hubster:lol:

I've no delusions of granduer really :D

D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice