Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What 'tv' do you have?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Aug 10, 2020.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Just curious what everybody is using at the mo (remember how exciting it was when channel 4 started?, or the test card after midnight!!?:D).

Ive recently cancelled my tv license after realiesing I just dont watch anything on BBC. Now Ive got Amazon Prime and Netflix....and I still spend hours scrolling through and being unable to find anything to watch!:rolleyes:

margy, rona and kimthecat like this.
  2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

The main channels mostly like the BBC’s, itv for a few things, ch 4 and ch 5. Very occasionally Netflix although I’m cross with them as they’ve suddenly decided to cancel a series I was following, probably because it doesn’t fit their demographic of being young and hip - which seems to mean extreme violence, loads of sex and no storyline.

DanWalkersmum likes this.
  3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

We just have Freeview. Apart from the BBC licence , I refuse to pay to watch Netflix etc . We got modern recently and bought a recording device so we could record programmes that clashed. :Hilarious

Most of the programmes seem to be gruesome murder stories . I wish they would put more "normal" programmes on.

The Good Doctor and NCIS are my favourites at the mo.

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Nothing. I just watch dvds

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I used to watch a lot of BBC 1 & 2 but not anymore, the standards of dramas are not that great now IMO. There are a still a few programmes that I enjoy like QI & I watch a few things on BBC4 s they often show Nordic dramas which Iike. I do listen to a lot of BBC podcasts so still have a license. Mainly I watch Netflix or Amazon

kimthecat likes this.
  6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Just catching up with The Deceived that was shown last week . Scary! Do you watch much BBC 4? They have good programmes. Still watching The Wave.

LinznMilly likes this.
  7. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I have freeview, On Channel 4 (I think?) or maybe Channel 5 have been showing a lot of Ancient Egyptian documentaries lately which I've been watching, otherwise I tend to watch DVDs as there's just nothing on as it all seems to be repeats or stuff I don't like like soaps, bad language, violence, blood and gore or sex etc.

LinznMilly, kimthecat and Boxer123 like this.
  8. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

I have Freeview and Prime TV. In the past, I've had Now TV and Netflix, which seems to wait until I cancel to bring out shows I like the sound of. :rolleyes:

9. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, there are a few things I watch on BBC 4 just the main channels I feel the quality of drama's has not been great. What is The Wave? Actually I remembered that I was going to watch A Suitable Boy which I think started a few weeks ago

kimthecat likes this.
  10. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

11. ForestWomble

Has anyone watched something called 'The Librarians'? It's starting on Freeview tonight and I thought I might give it a go, was wondering if it was worth it?

12. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Thanks for that @kimthecat, I wasn't aware of that one but will give it a go :)

kimthecat likes this.
  13. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

I mainly get my tv "on demand" e.g. Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc. I don't watch live tv (can't remember the last time I saw a commercial between shows! I don't even have an aerial plugged in.

I did used to have Sky (three years ago) but got rid of it as I just wasn't watching it.

I do pay for a tv license though, as I listen to BBC local/national radio and use the BBC news website.

14. ForestWomble

Just thought I'd mention, episode one, very good.

15. margy

margy PetForums VIP

We watch bbc and we have freeview . My son put us on his Netflix so we can watch programmes we have missed. Been watching old Endeavours recently.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice