Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What toys has your cat found out of the most unusual objects?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Darrent, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Darrent

Darrent PetForums Junior

I have to ask this question as our Ophelia has a bit of a thing about the bits of tetra pak that come off the top of packets of Bozita. The boys both play with traditional cat toys, leather tassels, mice on a string, laser pointer etc. She's never really shown much more than a "OOHHH thats exciting... i'm bored now" interest in those. But the tops of these packets she'll play with for ages.

We knew she liked them but not quite how much until yesterday she was trying to get at something under one of our armchairs. I lifted it up to find about 20 of the things under there like some kind of shrine she's made.

So what non standard things has your cat made into the most exciting thing in the world?

2. Lucyh

Lucyh PetForums Member

Pens.

I can't leave biros anywhere because they'll end up being chased around the floor, and all the pencils in my pot on the desk have got chewed ends :)

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

The same as you tera pack tops,straws and dry pasta,although I have to watch him with the pasta as he gets it soggy and trys to eat it.

4. Jocatza

Jocatza PetForums Junior

Riley came home several weeks ago with a snapped black rubber belt off what looks like a vacuum cleaner.

He plays with it for ages, loves us throwing it for him to play fetch, fighting with it as though it was alive, or just carrying it around dangling from his mouth as the strolls around the house and garden. When he has finished he then hides it away under the spare bed, he even makes a special trip upstairs to either get it out of his special hideaway or put it away safely.

All his other toys he just leaves lying around when he is finished with them for the day, they are obviously not as special as his smelly old broken rubber ring. :)

5. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

Lighters particularly but also pens and memory sticks - all things I like to be able to get myhands on fairly quickly :) Mine store stuff under the chairs too. Found 14 lighters under one chair this week!

6. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Grape stalks!

7. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

Bozita tetrapack strips as well. We once found about 30 under the bed where Kyrre had stashed them. Also the tear off strips from milk bottles. He always comes running when he hears those being taken off!

8. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Humm, I have to try to give Ari the Bozita tetrapacks strips! I'm getting out of ideas for toys.
    The most unusual so far is the pipe cleaner. I got a pack many years ago that I was using to tie my orchids kindly, and Ari stole one that came off in one of the watering routines. Rubber band was also a great fun.

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

When he was younger, Merson used to drag my 'lower anatomy underwear' out of the wash basket and well........ erm.......stick his nose in it!!! :eek:

He has grown out of it, I am glad to say, but I used to dread coming home with visitors in case my knickers were all over the floor and they thought I was a right mucky sort!!! :eek:

10. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

My two like cooked spaghetti Monty will hook it out of the colander if you leave some in there, but they love it on the kitchen floor as it's lino so it sticks so that do the whole dab dab thing with the paw:crazy::crazy: but anything that can be dabbed, sniffed or moved with a paw is fair game.

11. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Bottle tops but only if they're green?! Never been able to work that one out myself lol but if I have a green topped bottle in hand, they both come running to try and snatch it off me.

Pandora also has a tinfoil obssession, gets very protective of it and will growl if you go near him. Takes me and the OH to get it out of his mouth!

Schrodingers latest toy is a broken hairband.. I think he thinks its a worm, goes mad throwing it around the house.

12. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

They've worked out how to use the ice dispensing bit on the fridge :rolleyes:: :rolleyes::

So there's always little wet blobs from where they've batted them about all over the place :frown2: :frown2: :lol:

Em
    xx

13. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

brussel sprouts he doesnt eat them he plays with them , and tomatoes ... odd cat :blink:

with the sprouts i came home one day and couldnt find the pack of them , i went upstairs and there they were on my bed still in the stringy pack ... he likes to carry things .. im sure he was a dog in a previous life lmao

14. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

My son's watch is their current favourite, we keep finding it all over the house, but the preferred activity is chucking it down the stairs :confused:

Also son does a paper round, the papers are brought here bound together with those stiff plastic strip things. They absolutely love those and hang round him as he's sorting the papers and leaflets waiting for them. They only like them when they are new, stiff and springy, they get bored when they have them a while and they go soft.

Socks ... pipecleaners ... Christmas tree baubles ... hazelnuts.... the little plastic egg shaped container that opens to reveal a pair of plastic rubber gloves in a packet of hair colourant ....

We once had a cat that loved my husband's shaving brush and would fetch it many times a day, despite how many times we took it off her and put it back. We even bought her a shaving brush of her own to save his rather expensive one, but perversely she ignored it, refused to play with it and continued taking the real thing.

#14 Jansheff, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  15. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Our Ruben loves to play with straws:blink:

16. saul1664

saul1664 PetForums Junior

Not a toy, but those little black ties that go on plastic bags, he goes mental for it, but can't leave him with it as it's a swallow risk, usually end up with sliced arms if I play with it.

17. That reminds me of what my cat Lucky done one time. He came home with a red thong hanging from his mouth. I couldn't help but laugh and still wonders were he stole it from.

Lucky doesn't really have a fave toy but Sam used to love playing fetch with milk bottle lids

#17 My lil Babies, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
  18. debbie29

debbie29 PetForums Junior

Reg takes the valve caps off our radiators and runs around with them...little monkey, I couldn't work out what it was when I first saw him with one!!

Oh and he LOVES the tassled end of my bookmark! I am forever having my book jerked out of my hands as he has stalked up and jumped at it! :D

19. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

Mine love the strips off the bozita tetrapacks as well :rolleyes:

Last night Girlcat was playing with a plastic 'spork'

20. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Milo recently came home with a 3m length of thick nylon rope.;) Oh and recent spring cleaning revealed several dehydrated worms tucked snugly underneath rugs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice