Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What to wear??

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 10, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I am going to the stables for the first time in aaages on saturday! :D
    It's 'own a pony' day and I'm taking next door's daughter for her birthday (and because I really want to go too!)

I mostly have jeans though! I know they are supposed to be uncomfortable when riding. I also have a couple of pairs of combat type trousers, but I think they are a bit baggy and might be flappy.
    I do have a pair of 3/4 leggings. Will they do??

Next doors daughter is nervous, because the stables she was previously at, most of the horses were really wild.
    But I keep reassuring her that these stables are well know for calm horses. I was 2 the 1st time I went :D The horses that are there now have been there years, are well into their routine, and they never put someone on a horse they won't be comfortable with.

I have to ring up and book, because my fave horse from when i helped out there 11 years ago is still there and I want him! Lol

x

2. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Jeans can be uncomfortable when riding as they have seams in all the wrong places.
    Leggings are ok but can be too thin and not give much protection and three quarter length will mean the stirrups will rub your legs unless you have long boots on too.
    If you have jogging bottoms I would opt for them but if not then go for the leggings and long boots.
    i hope you have a fantastic time:)

3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

your 3/4 leggings should be ok with a pair of wellies if you don't have any long riding boots. hope you have a lovely day

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ohh wellies I didn't think of them! Lol

I only had a pair of van's until this week, and I know for sure they are too wide for stirrups (fell of once because of them! lol)
    I have cool wellies, black ones with skull and crossbones on. Lol!

Ok so I will wear my 3/4 length and wellies. Thanks!

I will make sure to get some pics too! Oh I can't wait to see Kestrel I haven't seen him for 11 years. He won't remember me :( But he will still be sweet :) I used to sit on his gate and he leaned on my leg. Once a week I would give him one polo and he could smell it and almost pushed me off once!

x

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Problem solved- I was round seeing friends puppy today, and her mum has the same size feet as me and won't be needing her riding boots on sat, so is lending me them. And her (ok... word has completely fallen out of my head!?) things to go round the bottom of ur trousers, asmy skinnyest jeans r boot cut ones.

Oh, and I had a wee go on their horse... Didn't quite realise how unfit I am... needed a leg up and shes not really that big horse either! Lol

Gonna have to do lots of leg exercises before saturday!

x

6. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

You will ache in muscles that you never knew you had. :laugh:
    Hope you have a good time.:D

7. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

1/2 chap's ;) Hope you have a good time

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol yeah that's the ones.

And :( We are not going on saturday anymore as it was quite full and only bigger horse left. They offered us a lesson for £21 but next dor says no.

So I am going on my own on monday for a slow hack instead :D

I am also going to find out about local stables, maybe I can go help out for free on a monday when my oH can take me, and babysit at the same time! Lol there is stables nearish to his mums.

x

9. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Let us no how it goes

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Lol I told my oh we are not going on sat, so he is taking me there on monday and then taking the dogs a walk. He said ''oh am I?'' Lol I just said, 'you are' and he agreed. Lol!

I know we are supposed to be saving right now but me and next door have meant to been going since easter! And I was so exited at going I can't not. Lol. Will be making sure there batteries in my camera :)

Hope I can still borrow the boots and chaps on monday

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice