Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what to send with my babies?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Aug 18, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

Eeny Myny and Mos babies will be leaving us in a few weeks :crying: and ive been putting a few bits together for them to take with them when they leave, so far ive got kitten starter packs which include a litter tray and scoop, a double feeding bowl and a few toys(in blue or pink reduced to 99p in tesocs...bargain!)a bag of cat litter that they are used to, a box of kitten biscuits and some wet kitten food they are used to and a small blanket that i will put in the box with the kittens a few days before they leave so it smells familiar. is there anything else i should include? The kittens are only moggies and they are going free of charge to friends and family so i dont want to be spending too on on things to send them with lol

#1 donna81, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

I think you have done more than enough Donna, spesh as they are going free ! LOL:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i think thats great what you are doing i think you have covered all the bases really

4. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

my OH thinks im crackers :eek:ut: seeing as the babies are all going for free lol but im so attached to them, i want to send them off to thrie new homes with things that are familiar to them :rolleyes: i think im way too attached, we are keeping 3 :001_wub: but that still means saying goodbye to 7 :crying: its nice to know they are all going to friends and family though, 4 are staying on the same street so ill get to watch them grow up which is good:D

5. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

its hard not to get attached they all end up like family to you, or is that just me lol

6. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Im the same as you Donna, I'm even getting them vaccinated! OH thinks I'm barking mad too

xx

7. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

no, im the same :rolleyes: id keep all 10 if i could, but we already have 4 cats and i think 14 is a bit excessive even for me :eek6: im so attached to them though, i couldnt help giving them all names :) we've got..
    crunchie a ginger and white boy,
    smartie a white and ginger girl and
    minstrel a white tortie girl(they are the 3 we are keeping :D )
    then theres,
    biscuit a ginger boy,
    buttons a black tortie girl,
    dotty a black and white girl,
    marley a black boy with a white bib and white toe,
    CC a black boy with white bib(called CC coz he is going to a friend of mine called carrie so cc is for carries cat) and
    smith a black boy with white bib(called smith coz hes cute and black like will smith lol)
    Its going to be so hard when they have to leave :001_unsure:

8. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

if your giving them away you didnt have to do that but sounds like you have thought of everything, oh wow i was in tesco yesterday wish id checked now. grrrr.

9. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

Lucky kitties!

I think that you are sending them on with everything they need for the first few days, which is brilliant, and very generous. There are not many that get such a kitten pack, even ped's :)

10. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

Sounds like you have evertything covered, If you havnt bought the blankets yet though, Chris's wife (Raggs) knits beutifull mouse shape ones, Ive had some for my kitties they are brilliant and very reasonable.
    This is a pic of Lulu sitteing on hers

[​IMG]

11. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I love the mouse blanket :D

Donna81 I think your kitten pack is very comprehensive and generous and covers the babies every need. You could try pet plan, they may allow you to give 4 weeks free insurance with them too, give them a ring and ask, it won't cost you anything but will give you peace of mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice