Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what to feed sensitive tummies!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by anniecarter, Mar 4, 2008.

1. anniecarter

anniecarter PetForums Newbie

my 8month kittens are very VERY delicate in the gastric department and are very prone to diorrehea. i have found that all they can manage is boiled rice white fish and chicken as well as a little bit of cat milk. this was recomended to me by the vet as a detox diet to clear them out and then to put them back on cat food but they can t handle this. i am worried that this is not a full and compleate nutrition for them

a new problem comes to light that it is not filling them up and keeping them full so they are eating next doors regular cat food left out for them in the garden making their tummies even worse

i need to find them a propper sensitive cat food and fast!

the probelm has been caused (and confirmed by the vet) by them being too young when they were removed from their mums. i was told they were 10weeks when in reality they wre just 5!

any help would be very much appreciated

annie (henry and reuben)
    xxx

2. Saynamore

Saynamore Banned

Hi

Royal Canin do a 'Sensitive' version, I believe it is very good, although I havent tried it myself as yet.

If you can get the little un to eat some natural live yoghurt, that is also good for the digestive system. I wouldnt touch any of the commercial cat milks (or any milk) that you can buy as this is often too rich for their tummies, I would try and keep them on plain old water :)

Hope this helps. C.x.

3. may

may PetForums VIP

I like bro biotic yogurt,:) I mix it with kitten food when weaning babies:)
    Royal Canin 'Sensitive' is excellent mix the yogurt with it too,
    Siamesekelly has a cat with a Sensitive tummy if you PM her she would be happy to help :D

4. anniecarter

anniecarter PetForums Newbie

natural yogert is a good idea i never thought of that! i'll give it a go! anything is worth a try in this house! at least they can hold it til they get to the tray these days!lol!:)
    thanks Annie x

5. I had one cat - who came from another breeder - with censitive tummy, but he adaptet very slowly to varied diet too. All my cats having cat food dry and canned plus all kinds of fish and meet either raw or cooked . I began to give him different foods to try in small quantities and within about 12 months he began to eat everything like others without any problems.

6. AJ

AJ Guest

Our pair are currently on a vet prescribed diet, to stop their sickness and diahorea - Hills Science Plan i/d. Its not cheap though but it does seem to be working.

7. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Hi Annie:) We have a moggie(Noodles) who has a very sensitive tummy and he can only eat White chicken/fish and tuna chunks with any brine removed(though he'd eat anything left to his own devices:rolleyes:) and now and then i mix a little pro biotic powder in his water(it's tasteless) and his poo's are great as is he,We tried and tested various sensitive tummy dry/wet foods which not only didn't fill him but didn't work for him although royal Canin Maine coone biccies now and then are for him fine,but i too would never use commercial cat milk or any milk as this i have found does nothing for them except keep their poo's even more loose and stinky:eek:Hope this helps and may work for your cats:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice