UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted a bit of advice as to what to put indie on and what to feed my new husky pup.

Indie is VERY fussy and will go a couple of days without eating if she doesn't like it. We normally feed her on puppy kibble mixed with a meat paste but she's gone off it completely and will only eat her food now with a bit of gravy and veg but won't eat her own dog food.

What's the best food to feed a fussy mal? And a husky pup?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Check out the dry food index at the top of the health and nutrition section. You'll be looking at foods like Orijen, Applaws, Acana, Taste of the wild and fish4dogs. Best person to speak to is Sixstar (creator of the dry dog food index) - she is amazing!! :)

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Both My Malamute and my Sibe/Mal mix as pups were raised on JWB before I fed raw My Adult Huskies also had James Wellbeloved and did well on it. In fact they still have it for breakfast in the morning and raw at night now.

Other foods I have used in between is The Natural Dog food company dry. But Ive never fed totally dry ever, They have had Nature Diet and also Natures Menu as well. if you want to look at those.

Home - James WellBeloved

The Natural Dog Food Company … where good health comes naturally

http://www.naturediet.co.uk/

Natures Menu − Natural Dog Food and Natural Cat Food | Raw dog food, BARF diet for dogs, Natural Feeding

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's had all of those but just won't eat them! She goes off food very quickly but will try the husky on JWB. She wouldn't even touch the nature diet food but I've noticed she prefers wet food a lot more

·
Registered
490 Posts
CJ is very fussy, made the mistake of putting him on raw and now as we have just moved have had to put him back on kibble until I can do a raw food order and now refusing to eat it, will pick at it but not eating how he used to. He has never refused a raw meal, tho saying that my tattooist has a husky who has suddenly started refusing raw food so has had to resort to pedigree tinned until a couple of days ago when he started refusing that too, apparently he resorted to ordering him a kebab last night just so he would eat:frown2:

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Have a look at the raw feeding sticky. My lot are raw fed and never refuse their food. ;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Dogs are not fussy, its us humans who make them like it. It there is nothing medically wrong with her and shes going says without eating then let her.

Choose a food, stick with it, put it down for 10 minutes, they dont eat it then give it for next meal and repeat. Do not give in and change the food, it can cause upset stomachs.

I feed my husky and other dogs on a home made diet, with mince, chunks of meat, veg, pasta and kibble.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dogs are not fussy, its us humans who make them like it. It there is nothing medically wrong with her and shes going says without eating then let her.

Choose a food, stick with it, put it down for 10 minutes, they dont eat it then give it for next meal and repeat. Do not give in and change the food, it can cause upset stomachs.

I feed my husky and other dogs on a home made diet, with mince, chunks of meat, veg, pasta and kibble.
TBH I do quite agree that we have made her fussy but just wondered what the best food for a mal and husky was. We too often make a home made meal like yours but my mum is so forgetful when it comes to Indies food, i always say 'if she doesnt eat it, pick it up' but i quite often find myself doing it later! It gets on my nerves! :mad2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.