Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What to feed my dog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by ClaireLouise149, Jul 13, 2019.

1. ClaireLouise149

ClaireLouise149 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I am currently feeding my dog James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice food, but she has started leaving it or just point blank in eating it. Having really soft poos and probs with anal glands leaking clear fluid. Vet suggested to change her food to a better balanced one which is fine. But all seem to the same to me sorry I know. I have been doing a bit a research this morning on a few higher end brands. But just wondered if anyone here give me some advice. She is 3 years old, a cross between a Black Lab and a Patterdale terrier. She is a total diva for a dog with attitude lol. Thank you in advance

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Well, unfortunately what suits one dog might not suit another so it really is a case of experimenting and finding what suits your dog.

Try www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk

Mine are both on vet's kitchen and do well on it. It seems to be more palatable for them than jwb.
    l went through umpteen foods for my TT before hitting upon this one. Many food caused itching and diarrohea. Jwb suited him but he would only eat it every 2 days when he was very very hungry.

He did well on the natural dog food company for a long time. But taste wise, vet's kitchen is the one.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Ochre

Ochre PetForums Newbie

If JWB Lamb and rice doesn't suit, what about trying a different brand with different ingredients, such as fish and potato? I am assuming you want to stick to dry food?

I am a raw-feeder, so don't have much experience with kibble, but the website listed above can help you compare differing brands and ingredients, along with cost and quality. Also, I believe many companies offer sample size packs so you can test to see if your dog likes it before committing to purchasing a big bag?

I would suggest you do any change of food gradually however. A sudden change can upset tummies.

I hope you find something that suits soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice