Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What to feed my British shorthair?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Sharona azawi, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Sharona azawi

Sharona azawi PetForums Newbie

I got my Bsh last week and he is a pedigree full 14 weeks.
    I got a starterspakket from the breeder and now myself looking into food as he is being fed on royal canin. But very pricy. And some different brands but dousnt seems to eat it . Like carny & sainsburys own brand.
    Only liked the sheba brand and gourmet.

Not that I mind but if there is a better food out there I would like to give him that.

There are so many,brands in dry&wet. I am looking into some advice.
    In wich brand in dry&wet and reasonable priced. But good quilty as they are not allowed grains ? But most cat food have them .?

Looking for advice ,thank you very much.

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Zooplus does Cats Finefoods variety packs, suggest you try those a little at a time - a sudden change in diet can cause problems. Mine love all flavours (including the Purr range) except poultry and the fishy ones. As I have three cats I now buy 800g tins from ZooBio.

It will be cheaper to buy 400g tins once you know what he likes, and he will probably eat most or all of one a day for the next few months.

3. Sharona azawi

Sharona azawi PetForums Newbie

. I will have a look. Must say he dousnt eat a lot of wet food. He just finish a pouch a day ...
    Think that's not a lot for a 14 weeks kitten ?will indeed try little packing before I buy big packages.

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

If you are feeding him dry as well he might well only eat a pouch a day. If he only gets wet then up to 400g per day is quite possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice