Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What to do

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Feb 1, 2012.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I have Clover insured with AXA, and have since I got her.

Just checked with my vet about claiming from the insurance if needed . I have to pay up front and then claim it back. The only insurance they claim direct from is Pet plan, but even then for claims on a new illness, you have to pay up front. Treatment after that for the same ongoing illness they will claim direct if with Petplan.

I don't have a credit card, and wouldn't get one with not working. I can use the PDSA as I claim housing benefit. Just wondering if it's worth me having insurance if |I can't claim direct, and i can use the PDSA, but don't I need it for libility? In case Clover causes an accident? All confused now :(

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

If you are claiming any type of benifit I think the PDSA will help you you just need to take proof with you.

4. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

That looks good.. do you think that's all I need if I can use the PDSA? I like my vet, he has a good repuation, but I can't afford him if Clover gets ill :(

I could still take her to the vets for her boosters couldn't I?

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I'm sure you could still use your vet for anything that you weren't intending to claim on insurance for.

I couldn't comment on whether that is all you would need I'm afraid as I don't fully understand the PDSA 'system'. I would say that ideally you should have insurance or find a vet that will deal with them direct so you could be sure that Clover could be treated for anything that may occur....but I know that it's not an ideal world so I would sit down and work out exactly who will do what in the event of any illness or injury.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice