Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What To Do?????????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by xNatashax, May 25, 2010.

1. xNatashax

xNatashax PetForums Member

Hi Guys

Havent been on here in a while but really need some good advice from sane individuals ha

I have been paying a family friend as a dog walker only £100 a month to walk and play with the dog 4 days a week this has been fine up until now when my next door neighour told me he hardly walks the dog and only lets the dog out in the garden for up to 15 minutes i am in a dilemma i thought i trusted this guy he loves the dog or so i thought and now im being told his just a lazy c**t taking my money.

but i need proof or something what can i do im really stuck guys i have got a dog flap but i still need to install but as i dont want my dog not to go out during the day until i have this fitted i didnt want to say anything until i had proof about this as its not fair on the dog.

has anyone ever been though this before?

much appreicated any advice or help

thanks

2. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

OMG - good thing your neighbour has noticed and told you. That's terrible. Really feel for you as it's gonna be difficult to deal with but your dog comes first.

I know it's better than him not turning up at all but you wont be able to rest until you confront him about it.

That man is being a snake I think, it's not fair and he shouldn't take advantage of you and your hard earned cash.

Sorry you are experiencing this x

3. xNatashax

i know its horrible the fact that he is a family friend and i trusted him i just cant believe it my dad has suggested hiding the lead which is normally on the side and see if he notices and calls etc we are getting a cctv camera in a few days as my OH car was keyed last weekend but i dont want to spy on him with a camera but i am thinking this is the only way seeing as we are getting the camera for security purposes anyways!!

4. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

Ah, good luck with it. You will feel so angry when you see the evidence. That's a good idea what your dad suggested.

It is going to be very awkward for you and a bit embarrasing but he is being so unfair on you all.

Pleased you found out but don't envy you - keep us updated x

5. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

What a nightmare to be in, whilst it may be a hard conversation to broach it is this so called family friend who has put you in this position.

6. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

a cauple of ideas ...

you could hang the lead in an odd way... hook the handle over a hook, then loop the clip through the handle, and measure how far the clip is hanging from the handle.... if he takes the dog for a walk, he is very very unlikely to put the lead back on the hook in the exact same way you left it and will just hang it up as normal

or if you leave it just lay ontop a work surface, just make a note of how you lay it out, and see if its still lay out the exact same way when you return

spying on him is abit dodgy sounding, but at the end of the day, if you dont believe he is doing his job properly, i think you have a right to find out, in the best way you can.

If you can, I would ask to have a cauple of hours off work, and go home at the time he is supposed to walk the dog, and go sit in your neighbours house (if your allowed) and watch for yourself, whether he takes your dog for a walk or not.

7. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

that ^^

i was about to suggest about the lead.....

or put something on the lead like a piece of paper of something that HAS to be moved and not thought about being put back....??

howevever if hes being devious... he may move the lead to look like they have gone out??

Do you know what time he sorts the dogs out??? if you do - you could "desparately need" to go home from work and check up - devious but still......

good job you have anice neighbour who told you :(

8. xNatashax

thanks guys sounds like good advice i have hid the lead today but not the head harness as my dad said if you see something everyday your not going to notice its gone so if he doesnt notice the leads not there then his obv not walking the dog.

i did not sleep last night trying to think of ideas ha i will keep everyone updated later :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice