UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a dilemma today.
It's my Mum's birthday and as a family (17 of us) we are going out for lunch then to my parents for the afternoon for cake :). Now what to do with Indie...

!) leave her at home - about 20 mins away from my parents, then go back for her when as we leave the restaurant as my nieces, nephews, brother (whose flown in from Portugal for the weekend) want to meet her.

2) Leave her at my parents in her cage - downside she has only been there a few times and never left on her own. Worried about her barking etc

3) Take her to the restaurant and leave her in the car, again she's not been left more than short time in there and I'm stuck if the sun decides to come through the fog.

Where we are eating they do allow dogs in but I don't think Indie would be too good at being quiet and calm for a couple of hours under a table :D

Running out of time now, I'll let you know what we do later!!

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
If you don't think she'd settle in the restaurant then I'd leave her at home in familiar suttoundings and either take family back to yours after the meal or when everyone else is heading back to your mums pop home and pick her up.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
I would leave her at home and go and collect her after you have been to the resturant then take her to your parents.

If there is going to be a lot of people at your parents house would she cope ok with all the noise and everything or would she be happier if you went home walked her then left her again for a couple of hours.

Another alternative would be to leave her at home then after your meal take whoever wants to meet her to your house and get them to go for a good walk with you and her then leave her at home again whilst you go to your parents house for cake.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
I agree with above replies option one is the best choice. Less upheaval for Indie, like leaving her to go to work. Also with all those peole around a crate would likely be in the way.

Have a nice celebration! :)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So after a last minute family vote here we took Indie with us. Arrived at my parents in two cars 5 adults, 1 baby and Indie all went well, there were already eight people there. Indie loves my Dad so was very happy. Half an hour later my sister, her oh, and family arrived with their dog Tilly and all was reasonably ok, Indie was a bit bouncy so gave the dogs a run in the garden.
Shut Tilly in the front room and Indie in her cage in another room and abandoned them.

We all had a lovely meal and got back to my parents. Tilly was fine and Indie was too but she had somehow got out of the cage :yikes: The only damage was a tipped up plant on the windowsill! Not bad :)

She did get excited to see Tilly again and did an tiny wee on the carpet, luckily no one minded :D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Glad it all went well - sounds like everyone had a fun day :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.