UK Pet Forums Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I'm ducking for cover as I type this but this method has worked well for both my dogs. I feed Henrick as much as he wants to eat and he has food down all the time, before anyone asks he is not even slightly overweight and he eats the reccomended daily amount for his age/weight, he still enjoys his food but he browses and doesn't wolf down a bowl full at a time. Am I gonna get yelled at now:eek:hmy: ?
If it works for you and Henrick, then stick too it.

He looks in great condition, with a nice healthy weight, so its obviously agreeing with him.

I feed mine at 8am and 8pm. Every 12 hours because of Oscars heart meds.

I'm ducking for cover as I type this but this method has worked well for both my dogs. I feed Henrick as much as he wants to eat and he has food down all the time, before anyone asks he is not even slightly overweight and he eats the reccomended daily amount for his age/weight, he still enjoys his food but he browses and doesn't wolf down a bowl full at a time. Am I gonna get yelled at now:eek:hmy: ?
You're not the only one! I put Sky's food down at certain times but leave it down for her throughout the day. If I put it down and pick it up she'll just wolf it down.

I only put Candy's down when she's hungry if I leave it or cover it she won't touch it :rolleyes: I'm currently trying to get her into a routine though

Morning feed is after I have done the horses, so anytime between 7.30 and 8.30. Second meal is around 5 and Candy still gets weetabix and milk at 9 oclock. I was surprised to see that some pups only get fed twice a day.
Am İ feeding my pup too much - also surprised pups only being fed twice a day

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.