UK Pet Forums Forum banner

what time does everyone feed their dogs :)

1K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  turkeylad 
#1 ·
just wondering what time of the day everyone feeds their dogs and how many times :) x

#2 ·
7.30am and 6.30pm For my four adult dogs. puppy (9 weeks old) 7.30am 13.00am 6.30pm and 11.30pm.

#12 ·
Our adult dogs get fed once a day in the morning normally around 9am the two pups get fed twice a day 9am and 5pm and the litter get fed 3 times a day at the mo 8am, 12 noon and about 6pm and their nursing mum gets fed at the same times ;)

#17 ·
I'm ducking for cover as I type this but this method has worked well for both my dogs. I feed Henrick as much as he wants to eat and he has food down all the time, before anyone asks he is not even slightly overweight and he eats the reccomended daily amount for his age/weight, he still enjoys his food but he browses and doesn't wolf down a bowl full at a time. Am I gonna get yelled at now:eek:hmy: ?

#18 ·
Morning feed is after I have done the horses, so anytime between 7.30 and 8.30. Second meal is around 5 and Candy still gets weetabix and milk at 9 oclock. I was surprised to see that some pups only get fed twice a day.
The pups that I am feeding twice a day are both nearly 9 months we feed 4 feeds until they are 3 months then reduce to 3 until 6 months then 2 feeds until a twelve month ;)

#20 ·
I don't feed my dogs....

No! I'm kidding! What sort of person would i be? LOL

Seriously they get brekkie around 7/7:30 when mum is up and dinner at 6. Used to be 7 but my daddy thinks that if we feed Mika earlier there is less chance of him making a mess in the house.

#21 ·
I'm ducking for cover as I type this but this method has worked well for both my dogs. I feed Henrick as much as he wants to eat and he has food down all the time, before anyone asks he is not even slightly overweight and he eats the reccomended daily amount for his age/weight, he still enjoys his food but he browses and doesn't wolf down a bowl full at a time. Am I gonna get yelled at now:eek:hmy: ?
If it works for you and Henrick, then stick too it.

He looks in great condition, with a nice healthy weight, so its obviously agreeing with him.

I feed mine at 8am and 8pm. Every 12 hours because of Oscars heart meds.

#23 ·
You're not the only one! I put Sky's food down at certain times but leave it down for her throughout the day. If I put it down and pick it up she'll just wolf it down.

I only put Candy's down when she's hungry if I leave it or cover it she won't touch it :rolleyes: I'm currently trying to get her into a routine though

#24 ·
Morning feed is after I have done the horses, so anytime between 7.30 and 8.30. Second meal is around 5 and Candy still gets weetabix and milk at 9 oclock. I was surprised to see that some pups only get fed twice a day.
Am İ feeding my pup too much - also surprised pups only being fed twice a day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.