Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What time do your dogs wake up?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Malmum, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

If I leave mine they will all sleep til midday, especially if the weather's bad. In the summer they'll rise earlier but never before 9am. Are they just lazy dogs or do some other's rise late? :)

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Tummel always wakes up when i get up.....so usually anytime between 7-8.30am. I think if i stayed in bed he would still sleep so no i don't think your dogs are lazy!! :D

3. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Well at weekends mine are still asleep at about 9 am...and then I wake them up to make Harvey go to the toilet.

Then its back to bed till about midday when they start asking for walkies!

4. Pets_R_Me:)

Pets_R_Me:) Guest

My two get up when I get up. This means they will wake up at anytime between 7 and 12 depending on the day :D I have a couple of lazy lumps, until they hear the rattle of the leads :)

5. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Jess and kai will wake me up around 8 am (if im not up before them)
    Then once theyve been out for a wee & had their breakfast they will quite happily settle down again till well past midday...unless jess wakes up & has a mad 5 minutes....but then she goes back to sleep again!

6. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Rupert's up as soon as its daylight and so am I usually. He will happily go toilet and then go back to bed for a bit though, he's always up for some sleep!

7. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

He doesn't......lol!

He will go out for a wee when I get up....then resume dozing on the sofa.

Instant awakeness when OH gets home from work or if I mention 'walkies'......or if I put shoes/coat on.

8. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Millie is up at 6am normally for walkies on a weekday. Makita is always awake by the time he hears me coming through the house :)

On a weekend though Millie will sleep for as long as I do BUT im a morning person so we normally still find ourselves up the hills or in the middle of the fields by 8 am :)

Although Millie is a lazy git and will sleep from 7:30 am (After morning walkies) until 16:00 when I get home form work some days! I will leave her on the sofa and she is on the sofa when I come back, she wont even move when the OH is making himself lunch! So she has a very chilled lazy streak! Personally I think its because I'm her favourite and she is saving ehr energy for when I'm home from work ;)

9. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

When we get up they get up, their frit to death of missing out on something. So 6am weekdays 7.30ish week end.
    My last dog Jude would lay in bed all day, when I went to school in the mornings would shout up stairs "get up Judy I'm off out" she didn't :)

10. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

lol

I get up at 5am everyday and when I get out of the shower my two great danes are usually sitting on my bed (butter wouldn't melt in my mouth look) waiting for me to get dressed and as soon as the hair dryer is switched off they make their way to the front door.

By 5:45 am we are usually walking through the forrest or some muddy field but they love it! :p

11. kimdelyse

kimdelyse PetForums Senior

FIVE THIRTY!!! :mad:

Our alarm is set for 6:30. But as it happens I'm in the process of moving his crate to the upstairs landing today. I think something is waking him up, and if I'm close by to tell him "SHH!" he'll sleep for another few hours. If I'm not, he'll get all wound up and start barking.

Here's hoping!!!

12. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

They get up with me at around 7-7.30 in the week and around 8-8.30 on a weekend.

13. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Lady wakes up 7.30 everyday ,she screams untill i get up its me that wants my bed then :D:D:D:D

14. archiesmum

archiesmum PetForums VIP

Mine usually wake up at about 7.00 but it depends if I am up or not. If I get up early so do they, I think they think they maybe missing something.

Val x

15. Souris

Souris PetForums Senior

Normally about eight, whether I get out of bed earlier or not! However I wouldn't say he's 'awake' at eight: his normal routine is to get out of bed, go out into the garden for the loo, have a quick drink of water and then he crawls back into bed.

Now, whilst this routine is amazing for the weekends (he doesn't wake up properly until about midday, so we can have a major lie in if we like), I do feel slightly cruel taking him out of his warm bed for a walk in the cold! I'm sure we have one of the most sleep-loving shelties around, Pixel LOVES his sleep, and gets grumpy if he doesn't say have his morning nap.

Mum's pair get her up at six every day normally. Although they will crawl back into bed for a few hours on a weekend (normally 'till eight): before I got Pixel I was preparing myself for six am every day, and boy was I shocked when Pixel slept through his first night.

16. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Unless Dave needs the loo (where he will bark a couple of times, and hasn't done it for months) then they wake up whenever we get up.
    So school days its about 7.45 weekends vary but never before the kids wake up.

17. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Since I first got Ben at 12 weeks old he has come to work with me at 4am every morning, so he is up at 3am and comes upstairs to give me a shout only trouble is he does it 365 days a year Sundays,Christmas ect this has been going on for 14 years:rolleyes:

18. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

The pups generally start play fighting when they hear the alarm-may as well get up! They were scuttling around at about 3.30 this morning, the little swines! Brig is silent and will be patient til we head downstairs.

19. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Bobby usually wakes when i get up usually looks at me then back to sleep till i take him out :)

20. JoinTheChase

JoinTheChase PetForums Junior

My last pup was up the second he heard noise upstairs. Sometimes before that too. Hoping desperately that the next one is easier to settle into a routine lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice