Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what time do you go out on a morning ?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Nov 12, 2012.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I've been awake since 4:30 am :eek: So I'm going to go out with the girls as soon as it's light.

It got me thinking. What time do you go out with your dog(s) on a morning?

2. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Most days about 7am although in the winter I tend to go to the park or common a bit later (too many strange people hanging about)

3. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Yeah I was going to go out about 7 am.. but a little worried about strange people

4. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I go out at 4:30 every morning although this weekend I left it later as one of my Danes accidentally hit me in the face last Tuesday and I ended up in hospital with concussion and now have a huge black eye to show for it so I decided to take it easy over the weekend.

5. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

4:30 -wow! I hope you're feeling better now

6. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I like to give the dogs a good walk before leaving for work at 7:30, they are all snuggled up in their beds now!

Yes I am feeling a lot stronger but I was surprised how much being hit like that has taken out of me but then I forget I am not the youngest chicken on the block!

7. Buzzard

Buzzard PetForums VIP

Ouch! Hope it sons gets better.

8. Buzzard

Buzzard PetForums VIP

Usually 8.30 I take Mac to do the school drop off then we have a bit of a walk from there.

9. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Glad you're feeling better - where do you walk at 4:30. I'm too scared of the dark :rolleyes:

10. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

I often go out at 6am on weekdays, 7am on weekends (breakfast first on weekends, breakfast after on weekdays). I don't think I'd go out round here in the dark if Kes wasn't so big, she can be quite intimidating so I feel completely safe with her around.

11. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I want to go out now, and go to the woods.. but a bit scared, but figured it would be better then open fields :confused:

12. jayne5364

jayne5364 PetForums VIP

It depends on work. I do nightshift 3 times a week. Today I got home at 6.15 and fed the dogs. I like to give them about an hour and a half before I take them out. So about 8 we head off in the car to the beach for an hour. On non work nights they wake me about 7.30, so we don't get out til about 9.

13. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

We're out :) came out at 7:15 was light then. Come on the farmers fields. The girls love it up here

Posted from Petforums.co.uk App for Android

14. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

our morning walk varies a bit but it's between 6 and 8. i know what you mean about the dark though, i only feel safe cos tia's a "scary dog" and i won't let her off lead until it's light either.

15. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Between 6 and 7 usually, i dont mind the dark but i feel alot safer having bigger dogs, probably feel alot different with a smaller pooch.

16. theothersparticus

theothersparticus PetForums Senior

Wow, that's dedication, but OW :eek: that must have hurt, Bo's charges are painfull, don't know how you cope with such big dogs!

Few, I was beginning to think it was just me! I'm normally up at 6 to take Bo out, it seems to be the only time I can guarantee there are no other dogs in the field, although the dark is making it harder to see if anyone comes in, a couple of people have head-torches like me but most people have nothing so you can't see them or their dogs (a rant for another day)

I don't mind going out in the dark, it's quite nice. During the summer there were so many people walking their dogs I'd travel quite a way to give Bo some off-lead fun. Strange that I don't see any of those dogs in the cold and dark :rolleyes:

17. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

I do just like the desolation of 6am in my area. It's a big hussle bussle kind of place with lots of shops and cars all over at sociable hours so it's quite refreshing to walk round when it's completely quiet and there's not lots of people driving about etc.

18. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

When I am at work during the week I am out at about 6.45 but that is just a 10-15 minute walk around the block (with grassy areas) to do the tiolet as Dad takes him two walks so he is back out at about 10 (sometimes earlier).

When I am off work it depends when I get up but usually about 8.00 - 8.30 again it is only a short toilet walk unless I know I am going somewhere and Sonny is going to be left (or come with us but I want him tired out) then I take him a longer walk usually through the fields in the winter. I stay in a small village and rarely see anyone when out walking Sonny anyway (no matter what time of day it is) but do occassioanlly see a few other dog walkers. I used to walk Sonny in a small wood in the morning (in the summer but did not this year as was too wet with work clothes on) and see someone coming out of the wood regularly with her Spaniel when I am out in the morning - that would be too scary for me I do not like walking in woods in the dark :eek:

19. rona

rona Still missing my boys

It's lovely early in the morning but I'm not normally out until 8ish :eek:

I think the early morning is one of the safest times for you personally, but if your dogs are hunters, you bump into much more wildlife at that time :)

20. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Wow, I have Lazy dogs! :lol:

Dixie and Dave rarely drag themselves up from where they are sleeping until I get back from taking Lewy to school! Sometimes I take one of them with me... eventually after the ''are you serious???'' faces.

Chase goes out for his morning wee as soon as I get out of bed, and then his poop once I am dressed lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice