Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What this groomer has done to my dog, disgusting!

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by Stevev, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevev

Stevev PetForums Newbie

So being a Border Terrier, she requires hand stripping and has this done twice a year. Our usual one has moved and so I found, what read as a fully trained groomer who did hand stripping.
    When she finished, she said to me Rosie had a couple of little nips/bites at her but was fine overall.
    Now Rosie has never bitten another dog or us in her life (now 9 years old) and then I saw that she'd literally pulled out all her whiskers and hair around her muzzle!!

The 1st picture is from previous hand stripping and how a Border should look afterwards with short coat but tidy head but what this groomer has done is, in my mind, horrific. Rosie is down to the skin around her mouth, it must have been agony.

Very upset and guilty I put her through that.

Some groomers just cannot be trusted. If you don't know how to hand strip a dog, please don't advertise that you do since what this person has done was in fact torture our lovely dog.

Attached Files:

2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Don’t know what to say about this... horrified that an alleged professional has done it!!

Has her muzzle been clippered?

Is this person a member of any organisation that you could complain to?

Hope your girl isn’t badly affected by this experience.

3. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I can sympathise with you because I had virtually the same thing happen with my Miniature Schnauzer, a couple of years ago. He's also hand stripped and is normally groomed by his breeder's wife. Unfortunately on this occasion she was ill and because his coat was long and beginning to matt,I took him to another groomer, who assured me she had experience hand stripping Schnauzers.

When I collected him 3 hours later I could have cried! She explained because his coat was long and thick she'd clipped him instead and in the process had removed all the "furnishings" under his tummy and on his legs, but worst of all she'd hacked off most of his fringe and beard so he was virtually unrecognisable as a Schnauzer!

This is him immediately afterwards - It took nearly a year to get his coat back to normal!

DSC00668.JPG

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

thread closed as duplicate in Dog Chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice