Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What the hell wrong with me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws, Aug 10, 2018.

1. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Really sorry to hear how you're feeling Happy Paws. Can't add to the good advice already given.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Happy Paws likes this.
  2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

As I’m getting older I find things have a delayed reaction sometimes. Others that wouldn’t have bothered me much a few years ago can have a big impact and surprise me. I get immeasurable pleasure in the life I’ve had but often wonder if its healthy and I should perhaps be thinking more of enjoying what’s to come. Who knows?? I take it in my stride. Be kind to yourself. We’re all allowed a blip. Hope you perk up again soon.

Happy Paws likes this.
  3. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

Also lots of us really struggled to sleep during the hot weather so no doubt sleep deprivation/debts are causing many of us to be a bit less emotionally robust than normal. Make the most of the cooler weather and catch up on some zzzzzzzzzs

4. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I can only echo what everyone else has said, take care of yourself and seeing the GP wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Happy Paws likes this.
  5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Ha! Made me giggle

I might look into counseling if the tears and worry don't stop it only happened just under a month a go so hoping time will make it easier. X

Happy Paws and kimthecat like this.
  6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Thanks Happy Paws. My boyfriend was a great support as just before had he'd came to spend two weeks with me and then went to family and bless him he took 3 trains and a cab back just to come give me a hug and a few more days so I'm blessed to have him in my life.

I really hope you feel better soon too. I will keep you in my thoughts .xx

Happy Paws likes this.
  7. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

What exactly do they do? You have to join before you see anything.

Lots of helpful advice and websites. To all who are feeling a little fragile love and prayers that you will soon feel a bit more able to cope. Feelings like this need to be talked about

Happy Paws likes this.
  8. rottiepointerhouse

You just have to register with the site, they have quite a few free programmes you can listen to but also many more for members only. The happiness one I've linked is free. They are basically 15 minute meditations focused on happiness. I've taken a few of the different programmes they offer and found them very calming. Haven't done the happiness one though.

9. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Sorry you’re feeling sad.

I agree with everyone that it’s probably been triggered by the death of your friend - it tends to make us aware of our own mortality.

I had a bit of a moment yesterday watching Loose Women, when Nadia’s elderly dad made a surprise appearance on the show.

She was obviously pleasantly surprised but it was clear they are very close and she got a tear in her eye, which set me off and thinking how I’d so love my dad to suddenly appear.

Sadly, he passed away suddenly 25 years ago aged 58. My age this birthday which is also having a subconscious effect on me I think as I cry very easily at lots of things ;)

I’d say, if your mood doesn’t improve a chat with your GP is sensible. You might be able to get Talking Therapy which people often find very helpful.

noushka05 likes this.
  10. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

Really sorry to hear you're feeling so down HP, thinking of you & hoping you'll feel much brighter soon xx

11. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I'm feeling a little better this afternoon, Dillon is golden always checking on me or lying on my foot, fetching OH if his worried.

PawsOnMe, noushka05 and Boxer123 like this.
  12. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I lost my Dad in 1983 when I was 35 and my Mom 2008 when I was 60, like you if only they could walk though the door once more.

noushka05 and Lurcherlad like this.
  13. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so down and teary. Just know it's okay to feel this way and as my grandma always tells me "it's okay to have a dammed good cry!".

Glad Dillon is looking after you :) he seems such a big lovey. Hope you're soon feeling better x

Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  14. Sacremist

Sacremist Resident Piss Artist

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling sad, but glad you are a little better this afternoon. I’m fast approaching the age when my dad and elder sister died, so I’m also more aware of my mortality. It’s not easy and can make you feel very down.

Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  15. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

The Serenity Prayer has been my mantra. Serenity to accept the things I can’t change, courage to change things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
    Serene - I heave a sigh if I can’t change it and accept it then and there.
    Courage - change it now, don’t sit on it.
    Wisdom - if I’m in a pickle, stop and decide which category my problem falls into and file it.
    Helped me come a long way.
    I lost my Dad, my horse and my partner within 7 years. 4 years on, I never dreamed life could be as good on my own.
    It’s not been easy and I have blips. Less has time’s gone on. I’ve learned to be kind to myself, to look for a positive to rule out the negative. There is always one if you look hard enough.

16. rottiepointerhouse

How are you feeling now Happy Paws?

17. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I can relate to this very much. I'm only 45, but my Dad died aged 50, 25 years ago. Every year nearer to his age brings huge black clouds and panic.

Hope you feel better soon HP x

Lurcherlad likes this.
  18. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Much better, still feeling down at times but no more tears and I feel I can face the world again :)

Thanks for asking.

MilleD, ais_rose, Lurcherlad and 4 others like this.
  19. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Glad you are feeling better HP.

Happy Paws likes this.
  20. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

That's good to hear :)

Happy Paws likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice